"I'll see you later Liz." Nick said before he walked away and I almost groaned, why was he leaving me alone with him?

"Why do I have to do the project in your house?" I asked Max slightly annoyed as I went down the stairs and stood in front of him.

"Do you prefer we did it in your room?" Max asked me and I noticed the hidden meaning in those words.

I rolled my eyes and gave a scoff irritated.

"Can we just get over this now?" I said; I wanted to finish this project earlier; it didn't matter if I had to work my butt off but if that meant spending less time with Max then so be it.

"Eager now, aren't we?" Max said with a chuckle as he made his way through the parking lot with me behind him.

I noticed that he got closer to a motorcycle and I frowned at him confused.

"No car today bad boy, was it not good enough for you?" I asked Max as he got on the motorcycle.

He slightly glared at me.

"I actually don't own my car anymore, I gave it to one of my newest pack members, her whole family was currently attacked by rouges, her husband died and her daughter was left in a wheel chair so I gave up my car so they could go to the physical therapy I got for her." Max simply answered and at that moment I felt like the worst person in the world.

"Oh, I didn't know." I said in a small voice.

Max looked at me with a small smile, I could tell that he was forcing it.

"Yeah, maybe think next time, just don't be so quick to judge me and make assumptions so fast Lizzy." Max told me as he handed over his helmet for me.

I took it and looked down to the ground ashamed, I felt like shit.

Max's P.O.V

"Do you think this is enough for the day?" I asked her as I picked up what we had managed to do of our project.

Lizzy blinked shocked, her green eyes sparkling in the light.

"I didn't know you were this good." Lizzy blurted out surprised.

I laughed at her.

"Just because I was a player and I'm the quarterback of the football team doesn't mean I'm a complete idiot, actually I want to get a business major and take over the company my father left for me, just built it up again." I told her, that was my plan and I knew that this would really help my pack to start from zero.

"That's interesting." Lizzy simply said as she bit her thumb.

I gave a small smile as I met her gaze.

"What about you?" I asked her and she looked at me taken back, I guess she did not expect that I would ask her at all.

"I want to be a teacher one day." Lizzy simply said with a shrug.

I shook my head; I wasn't convinced since her answer had come off very vague.

"That's not all is it? It seems quite practical and knowing you this is not just something you would settle down for." I told her and saw how the corner of her lips turned up.

"If I were to be brave for once I would write a book and publish it." Lizzy simply answered although she had come a bit shy about it.

"That would be great and knowing you I bet that your book would get publish, I have seen your work before and it's really good." I said honestly, constantly her work was showcased in the school's newspaper.

Lizzy meet my gaze before she frowned and looked away.

"Why are you making this so hard?" She asked me.

Now it was my turn to be shocked and confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked, had I said something bad or had she misread anything?

"You have no idea how hard I'm trying to push you away, to ignore you but then you say things like this and you show me all these actions that make me second guess myself, it makes me want to be with you." Lizzy said as she stood up from my bed and looked down at me.

"Then what is stopping you, we are meant to be together so why not be together once and for all Lizzy?" I asked her, I still didn't see why she was acting like this.

"Because I can't go back to that place anymore Max, you have no idea how terrifying it was to fear of all the people that wanted to harm you, harm me and harm our babies, I lived in fear every single day worrying of what our enemies would do to our family, it was nothing but a delusion of what I wanted but could never have." Lizzy said as her eyes got watery.

I stared at her blankly.

"Babies, wait we had kids?" I asked her shocked.

Lizzy's breath hitched and she looked away avoiding my gaze.

"Liz, did we?" I asked her in a clearer voice as I stood up and looked down at her.

Lizzy let out a shaky breath before she nodded.

"We did, we had two kids they were four years old, Braden and Dawn, they were twins and we were expecting triplets." Lizzy said in a small voice.

I sat back in the bed shocked; I was the father of five kids and for once I wasn't scared but happy, thrilled even.

"Tell me something Elizabeth, were we happy?" I asked as I looked up and met her gaze.

Lizzy gave me a small smile.

"We were, more than anything." She said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

I shook my head in disbelief.

"Then why this, what is stopping you?" I asked her, I needed to know the exact answer for all this stupidity coming from her.

"It's simple Max, I can't be with you!" Lizzy told me as angry tears flew down her cheeks.

"Why not, tell me why the fuck I can be with you!" I yelled furious, she was my mate damn it!

"Because all my memories from that past life stop at one point and it's nothing but a clear sign." Lizzy said as she cried and her voice shook.

"A sign of what, of what exactly?" I asked still not believing her.

"That even if you are my alpha mate, you and I Max, we don't have a future together." Lizzy said before she grabbed her bag and stormed out of my house never looking back.