Bye Bye Summer

"How did summer go by so fast?" I asked

Cara sighed. "Did we even do anything?"

"We practiced our music" Jade pointed out matter-of-factly.

"But we do that every day" Kim said rolling her eyes I'm sure.

"So we have no summer memory to brag about before our senior starts. This is great" Cara said.

We had a few but they weren't any good ones.

"It's Saturday. We can make a few memories tonight" Kim noted.

"What's on your mind?" I asked her as my interest sparked.

The four of us were laid out on the carpeted floor of Jade's basement in a circle on our backs.

"Are you thinking of a girl's night?" Jade asked excitedly.

"Jade, that's all we've had all summer is girl's nights, girl mornings, girl afternoons. I don't think any of us except Kim has come into contact with the male species since school ended" Cara complained.

"How are you holding up?" I asked her.

She let out a long sigh. "I'm good guys. I'm just really dreading seeing him and whoever she is when we go back to school".

"Hopefully you won't have to see him with the amount of students we're about to get".

Poor Cara.

Her boyfriend, Jack, cheated on her with a girl from one of the rival schools.

One we just happened to be talking about at the moment.

Not only was Cara beautiful but she was an awesome person.

Jack was truly missing out.

"I still don't understand how this is about to work out" I said changing the subject for Cara's sake. "How do they possibly think combining two schools would be a good idea. I mean, not only are they our rivals but it's going to be way too many students".

"You know Principal Bell is a show off" Kim scoffed. "Of course our school is big enough for both schools but he is doing it purely for the attention. Wonder how he is going to feel now that the school is going to have two principals. Sure he didn't give that much thought"

"I think it will be fun. I'm sick of the same old boys from our school" Jade mentioned.

"She has a point" I agreed.

Our high school was one of the biggest in town.

Sherwood High School.

Where we were from there were twelve schools in the district. But the one we hated the most was Timpton. They were cocky and thought they were better than us. Of course we thought the same but that's just how it was.

During the end of the year after the seniors had graduated, something or someone caused the school to abrupt into flames.

The good news was they would be getting an entirely new built school.

The bad news was the finish date was unknown and they had to share a school with us until it was finished.

Their rival school.

This would suck for the Athletes because they always wanted to be better than Timpton. When it came to sports, we were the top two schools but Timpton just always had that number one spot.

Sherwood was sick of being number two.

Basketball, baseball, football, lacrosse.

They always had us beat.