19. Reversed Chances

Start from the beginning

Currently I was on the couch in the living room with Prince at my feet, resting his head on the small pillow I had gotten for him on Wednesday. I had to admit he was growing on me. I no longer thought he was an annoying, spoilt mutt. Actually the spoilt was still applicable but not the annoying and mutt part.

I heard Will and Douglas conversing as they came down the stairs.

"Here," I heard the sound of keys jangling as they were being tossed in the air. "Take the Camaro since you've been using it like its yours."

"Really. Thanks for giving it to me, man," I could picture the smile on Will's lips at his words as they neared.

"I'm not giving it to you, Will. Just use it for today."

"Spoil sport."

They appeared in the living room just then, looking like a vision. I couldn't deny the fact that they were good looking guys. They were the type that you would turn your head around to get another good look at when you passed them in the streets.

"Let's go," Will said as he walked over and held out a hand to me.

"Where?" I asked as I placed my hand in his and he pulled me off the couch.

"On an adventure," he smiled playfully before dangling the keys in front of me. "And Dougie gave me his sports car."

"For the day, Will," Douglas corrected as he stopped just a few feet away from us, leaning against the grand piano that sat there. "Just for the day."

"Wait," I watched them, confused. "You're not coming with us?"

Douglas nodded. "You're free of me today."

"Then I'm not going."

"Why not?" Will pouted.

"I have to do my job," I answered. "And staying with Douglas is my job."

"It's fine, Krystal," Douglas said. "You can take the day. I promise I won't do anything that would result in investors pulling out of the company."

I shook my head, determined to not be swayed.

"Relax. I'm just going to stay home and wait for a friend to come over. Nothing much. And I'm pretty sure you've been bored enough locked away in this house the whole week. So go, get some fresh air and sun with Will."

"Really?" I was surprised he reassured me that he wouldn't cause trouble along with the fact that he was letting me leave the house with Will, to actually enjoy myself.

He nodded. "Really."

"Really?" I asked again as I stared at him, looking for any evidence of a lie in the making. For all I knew he would call Mr Burns up as soon as I left and tattle on me. Maybe he was my Regina George in this story, and I the helpless Cady Heron. However, my search for any sign of deception came up lacking.

Maybe I had misjudged Douglas after all. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot on the plane.

"Yes really," This time it was Will who answered before. He grabbed my arm and proceeded to pull me towards the front door. "Now, let's go before Mr Grouch over here changes his mind and puts you under house arrest again."