Prologue

Red. That's all I see. It's everywhere, my hands, the ground, splashed like paint upon every surface. It's not paint though, it never was. Blood, a vivid scarlet colored liquid with a smell like old sun warmed pennies. Not warm, frigid. Like the ice pouring into my heart. . Blood spurting out of the many wounds that cover my entire family. Aunt Mallory. Megan. Mom. Dad. Jane. Everyone. Only I stand here. Every part of me is frozen, my body and clothes are stained with their blood. And here I stand, bloodied, dirty, heartbroken. Holding a knife as my last defense. I am the last of my family. It is in my blood to survive. It's the only thing I can do for them. Survive.

I blink. Once. Twice. Nothing. Then it's all gone. The bodies. The blood. The room. It's just me. Standing in the middle of nothing. Everything becomes twist- ed. The nothingness and the bloody mess collide. One trying to win against the other. I close my eyes. I want it to be over. Time stands still. I open my eyes. I stand before myself. But not me. Not who I am. No, the girl who stands before me if a happier girl, one that would be me if Jane didn't do what she did, if mom hadn't of chosen this path for herself. A girl who had everything. But no. I'm not her.

My name is Lana Carter.

And I am hardly alive at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah! It's here! The final story of Fault Line. I'm freaking out right now. Omg. I have been waiting and dreading this day for the past six months. Sorry I did not upload it on Christmas like I promised. Needless to say, it was Christmas. But here it is. The first ten chapters of it! Bt dubs, Merry Late Christmas! (Or whatever holiday you celebrate) ;)

The last ten chapters will be up New's Years-ish. I have a party thing on the 1st and 2nd, so it might be a little late. Anyways . . . wish me luck.

Enjoy the ride!

~MrsAdriaGreenleaf