Doctors

"What are you staring at, hot mama?"

"Those fine baby blues. They're like the deepest ocean this morning." I whispered, adjusting myself. In our usual morning position, Roger was on his back with his arms behind his head. I had one leg over his hip (the hump position, according to Roger) and my head on his collarbone. Even though we were extremely close and had no personal space bubbles in the morning, getting to sleep was a different story.

Roger is a hugger. My god he's a clingy boy in bed. He'll try to snuggle up to me, only to have tired me face the other way and curl into the foetal position. I'd regularly wake up through the night to find Roger's hands clasped over my tummy and his nose pressed hard into my back. I'll never stop secretly loving it.

"Don't tell me you're falling for me, Miss Lucy May." Roger laughed, kissing my forehead.

"Boys are gross. They've got boy germs. Icky." I replied, kissing him softly. He lifted me onto his hips completely as I squealed. I put my hand on his cheek and kissed him deeply, feeling his hand creep up my shirt.

"Keep it in your pants, Mister Taylor." I laughed, kissing him again and sitting up. Roger kissed my tattoo, lacing my fingers with his.

"Why did you fall in love with me?"

"Well, you opened your wallet and I was there." I joked. Roger looked genuinely worried.

"Oh babe, I'm not just here for your money. Trust me, I want nothing to do with that side of it. We could be broke or living off just my salary and I'd still be in love with your goofy ass. Sure you have your days when you're arrogant and a little egotistical when it comes to Queen but your job is a lot harder than people think. I love you and your adorable nose and sense of humour and your little butt. You lick the jam off crackers before eating them, you can't cook to save your life, your fashion sense is questionable, your choice in cars is absolutely divine and you're a good lay. There's still a working class boy inside of you, he's the one I love. But I guess it helps that you're a rock god." I kissed him quickly, feeling him smile on my lips. He was satisfied with his little ego boost.

Outside the house, we heard multiple car doors closing. I looked down at Roger, realising John, Veronica, and Freddie were early babysitters. In synchronisation we looked at our half-naked bodies and then at each other's. I was worried, yet Roger had one eyebrow raised and a smirk on his face.

"No! Don't give me that look! You can't get super horny now!" I laughed. I stood up on the bed and jumped off, finding my silk dressing gown as our guests let themselves into the house.

"Lucifer, darling! Please be clothed!" Freddie announced.

"I am but Roger's as fresh as a newborn!" I yelled back as Roger dragged himself out of bed and over to Henry. The white crib in our bedroom was completely still, Guac still fast asleep. In his white winter body suit, he was contently dreaming his time away.

"I'll stay with him until he wakes up." Roger offered as I came back into the bedroom from the en suite slightly more clothed. I kissed him, spanking his ass on the way out.

In the lounge, Freddie had wasted no time in making himself comfortable.

"We grabbed your mail, too." John and Veronica emerged from the entryway, a bunch of white roses in John's hands.

"Brian said they're your favourite flowers. Figured you'd need something to pump you up for this morning." Veronica added as John laid the bunch in my arms.

"You guys! Thank you." I hugged and kissed each of them as Roger emerged from our bedroom.

"Babe? I think it's a job for you." Roger announced, taking the flowers from my arms.

"Veronica can come and meet him." I kissed Roger's shoulder and made my way to the bedroom where my baby was testing out his lungs.

"Oh, guacamole baby!" Henry stopped crying immediately and made eye contact with me. Veronica closed the door behind us, keeping her distance. I lifted Henry up slowly, turning him to face Veronica.

"That's Auntie Veronica. She's going to take care of you this morning." I said quietly.

"With plenty help from uncle Freddie and uncle John, of course." Veronica laughed. I checked the watch on my wrist, noticing that no, they weren't early. Roger and I were late!

I was as tense and rigid as a plank of wood in the passenger seat as Roger drove. In the limo, I was fine. In the Benz, I could see the white lines blurring past and it made me feel sick with anxiety. Roger noticed my hands gripping the seatbelt like it was the only thing between me and death.

"Lucy? Are you okay over there? Do you want me to pull over?" He asked, flickering his attention to me. I shook my head, focussing completely on the road ahead. His hand momentarily brushed my leg before flicking the indicator and turning into the parking lot. As he stopped and turned the car off, he pushed the release of my seatbelt and I guided my belt off my body.

"If you're not feeling well, we can go home." Roger's voice was both reassuring and worrying. I turned and kissed him slowly, resting my head on his neck.

"Car rides aren't my forte just yet."

"Very understandable. I'm here, honey." I smiled into his neck.

"Thank you."

We walked hand in hand into the doctor's office, sitting down on the vinyl chairs.

"Good morning, Nurse May, I'm Dr Barnes. I was assigned to you when you were in nursing training." He introduced. I recognised him immediately.

"Darren Barnes, good to see you again. This is Roger Taylor, my boyfriend and Henry's dad."

"Mr Taylor, you chose well with this one. Congratulations on your adorable son and your most recent tour, too."

I felt Roger beam at the last sentence.

"Thank you. Both the tour and Henry are exhausting but well worth it."

There was a surprising shakiness in his voice as he joked. What the hell has he got to be nervous about?

After measuring my 5'3 body and confirming that my scar healing was going well, it was time to do the more unusual tests. Walking in a line with my eyes closed was easy as in my pregnant months I frequently navigated the house at 2AM for corn chips and guacamole.  My eyes were working perfectly, my muscles were fine, and my reflexes were "the bomb" (thanks babe).

"How about you ears? Did they get hit when you crashed the car?" Dr Barnes asked, opening his draw of equipment.

"I made my arms into an X over the steering wheel to protect my face but my left ear is a bit harder of hearing than my right. Nothing too dramatic, I can still hear. Everything is just a little quieter." I confessed as I felt Roger's eyes widen and his eyebrows crease in confusion and some shock.

"Well, if it bothers you, let me know. Other than that, you are ready to resume full nursing duties and yes, you can have sexual intercourse again." He joked. I laughed and looked at Roger, who cocked an eyebrow up. That look.

At home, Roger laid in bed as I flicked the light off in the bathroom. In his underwear, he sat up and watched me make my way to the bed.

"The doctor will see you now, Miss May." He whispered, gesturing to the spot on the bed next to him. I laughed and obliged, curling up under the many blankets and inhaling the smell of his skin. He sank down beside me, encasing me in his arms as if protecting me from the outside world. I felt content, hearing just our breathing, knowing Henry was safely sleeping beside Roger in his bassinet. I kissed Roger's neck, whispered a goodnight and let him turn off the leg lamp. But just when you feel everything is perfect, someone had to knock on your door and tear your world to shreds.