Lucy May, Booty Hunter

Hey, let's give you about five minutes to get acquainted with 3 other men (2 of which have wives/girlfriends) and then let's get semi naked in a pool together. Yeah, great idea. I love that idea as much as I love getting a blister on my heel or rotting grapes. Thanks dad. I was quickly introduced to each member of Queen in the hotel lobby before we left for the hotel's private pool room. John Deacon: a Beatles fan who made his own amplifier for his bass guitar. Freddie Mercury: A personality too big for anyone to handle who liked to tease John. Roger Taylor: Woah. Let's not even go there.

Anyway, my mother, Chrissie Mullen, swore to never bare her midriff until the day she died and came out of the change room in a stunning navy one-piece. Mary Austin, Freddie's girl, came out in a red candy-stripe one piece. Veronica, John's stunning wife, wasn't afraid to show a little bit with her post-baby body wrapped snugly in a black swimsuit. As for me, I had a yellow bikini. I felt likes a sinner when I walked into the girls' change rooms and saw what everyone else was wearing. Mum quickly reminded me that "you are allowed to show off because you workout yourself to the bone." And she walked out with me, arms linked. As soon as we stepped into the room, my mother pushed me in. I was laughing as I came to the surface, watching her slide in gently. Grabbing an armful of pool noodles, I propped myself up above the surface and dipped my head back, floating away from everyone else. We had the pool booked to ourselves for at least 3 hours. Mumbling to myself about things that needed to happen when I got back home, I didn't notice water volleyball being played until it hit me. Literally. A beach ball to the face never hurt anyone, sure, but it did make you fall off your noodle bed in shock.

I heard Freddie laughing loudly as I swam back up to the surface. Before that, I was completely oblivious to the fact that I'd floated all the way to the deep end that went way over my head. I gathered up my noodles and sat on one like it was a horse to keep myself afloat.
"Sorry, Lucy!" Freddie called between shots of laughter. I smiled at him, throwing the ball like I was serving it in a game of volleyball.
"Can you at least buy me dinner before you get your balls up in my face?" I joked, completely forgetting my dad was in the room. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you break the ice.

The rest of the day went quite smoothly. As a big group, we all had lunch at the hotel, ventured out for some sightseeing and then had dinner at the hotel. I felt like I hadn't seen anything because I spent the day watching Roger Taylor. The infectious laugh, his magnetic smile, his blond hair. My father caught me looking and raised a suspicious brown at me. I dismissed him completely by sticking my tongue out and watching him mirror me. I didn't particularly care what Brian May thought, I was hunting for that booty.