The Bag: Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

Travis turned up the radio as he stopped at a red light.

"I love this song!" I squealed as the song Death of a Bachelor came on.

"So do I" Travis said smiling.

"The death of a bachelor, oh oh oh, seems so fitting for happy ever after ohhhh!" I sang along.

"You're pretty good at singing" Travis said chuckling.

"Are you being sarcastic?" I put a hand on my heart faking disappointment.

"Nah, for real you're pretty good" he said as he pulled into Olive Garden.

"Alone at a table for two and I just want to be served" Travis sang as he got out of the car and opened my door for me.

"Wow, you're really good at singing" I said flabbergasted by his amazing voice.

"Thanks" he smiled and reached for my hand. We walked into the building hand in hand and went to the counter.

"Table for two under the name of Sare" he said quietly to the girl behind the counter.

"Right this way" she said with a welcoming smile.

We followed her back to a booth by a big chandler.

"Thank you" he said to her and as she smiled and walked away.

"So, how have you been?" Travis asked as he handed me a menu.

"Pretty good, how are you?" I asked grabbing the menu.

"I'm great. How's your family?" He asked looking over the menu.

"Good, my dad has a new girlfriend, Tyler has girl problems. How is yours?" I asked glancing up at him.

"Great" he simply said.

We sat in silence as I looked over the menu for the twelfth time since we got here. It's so awkward being on a date with Travis.

You'd rather be on a date with Brandon.

Shut up brain!

I know, I talk to myself. I'm weird.

"Do you guys know what you want?" Our waiter said coming back to our table.

"Yes, I want the shrimp" Travis said handing her his menu.

"I want the shrimp as well" I said smiling.

"Alright, it'll be right out" she said throwing a flirty smile at Travis.

Usually girls would get jealous, but it's not like we are dating.

"So" I said messing with my hair.

"So..." Travis replied back staring at me.

"Why did you decide to ask me out on a date?" I asked suggesting a conversation.

I was curious as to why Travis asked me out on a date when we've only talked a few times.

"I wanted to get to know you more, learn new stuff about you" he shrugged.

"Well, what do you want to know?" I asked putting my chin in my hands.

"Well for starters, I hear you're really into books and stuff, and you make really good grades" he said taking a sip of his drink he ordered earlier.

"Yeah. I'm quite the 'nerd'" I shrugged and sighed.

Just saying a simple sentence like that makes me think of Brandon. Theirs no way he would like me back. I'm a nerd, he's a badboy.

Travis is probably just using me too. That's all nerd are good for, being used by people to get good grades or homework answers.

"Do you like being the 'nerd' you consider yourself?" He asked interestedly.

"I mean, I get good grades and all, but the overall status of it isn't very enjoyable" I explained.

"If you could change your social image, would you?" He asked leaning forward more than he was before.

Without thinking of a reasonable answer I replied, "yes"

I don't know if that was a good answer or not but I was going to find out.

••••••••••••••
So yeah. Amazing song at the beginning of the chapter. I'm sorta obsessed with P!ATD so yeah.

This was a short chapter. Very short.

I determined that this isn't going to be a very long book but I don't want to put it under short stories.

Q:
What do you think Travis means by "if you could change your social status would you?"?

Vote

Comment

Fan
-SMS