Hey Sis (Sherlock x Sister!Reader)

Thought this was a cute idea and decided to go with it. Sorry if Sherlock seems a little OOC here but I tried to make it fluffy. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it!
--------
He'd always been your little Sherly. The curly-haired boy with the pale eyes had somehow managed to break through the stony walls you had set up around your heart. The moment he was born, you knew he was destined to do great things.

Your older brother Mycroft, however, was disappointed about having another sibling. You were enough work for him already and he didn't want to deal with another brat. But when you proudly showed him the small bundle in your arms, you could see how he immediately softened at the sight of his younger brother.

As Sherlock grew, you taught him everything you could. You showed him how to read and write, and how to observe details and fit them together like a puzzle. He caught on quickly, his young mind absorbing all the information you threw at him.

But there were times when Sherlock would come racing home, tears streaming down his cheeks. Kids at school often bullied him for his talents, calling him names like freak and retard. You had never been treated that way because you always hid your gifts but young Sherlock loved to show them off.

So when bad days like that came, you would simply envelope Sherlock in a tight hug and rock him gently, murmuring quiet words that immediately soothed him. You were his Big Sissy, his comfort, his protection.

Sherlock continued to grow and mature and by the time he was in high school, he was completely distant from the outside world. He had cut off his emotions, refusing to feel anything as years of bullying and teasing had taught him to do. Despite the fact that you always stood up for him, it never stopped their relentless mocking.

But even so, you were always there for him. He had a soft spot for you and you knew it would never fade. You had always been there for each other and you helped him in any way you could. Even when he got mixed up with drugs, you pulled him right out of that ever deepening pit of despair and showed him the light.

Now Sherlock was a grown man. He had moved out of your parents' house a long time ago, just like you had. He was a detective now and a damn good one at that. Sherlock had also made a friend, a man by the name of John Watson.

You were proud of him. Very proud. He had found his way in the world and even if he didn't need your help anymore, he still knew you were always there.

So when you picked up the phone one day and heard his voice on the other line, you instantly smiled.

"Hey Sis," he greeted. You were always his Sissy but the nickname had been shortened to Sis as he grew.

"Hey Sherly. How's my little pirate doing?" you teased. He chuckled, making your heart swell.

"I'm doing well," Sherlock replied. "But I miss you."

"I miss you too, Sherl," you sighed. "We should meet up somewhere and have a nice, long chat. How does Saturday sound?"

"That sounds great. I'll see you then."

"Good. I'll talk to you later, Sherly. Love ya." And with that you hung up, grinning at the idea of seeing your beloved little brother again. Because despite all the things that he had said and done throughout his life, he would always be your little Sherly.