Chapter 1

"No, I do not." I groaned on the phone, wishing my mum wasn't such a mood killer.

"Sweetheart, you know how boys can be, just promise me you'll be careful."

"Mum, relax. I'm fine. I have to get to class, I'll talk to you later." Cutting the phone quickly I ambled over to my class, wishing this semester would fly by.

Getting accepted into Oxford wasn't a small deal for me; it was huge. I had left the U.S to start a new life here. Looking around the campus I couldn't help but remember the painful truth my mom had obliviously reminded me of, my previous abusive boyfriend.

Trying to forget about him and focus on my ecstatic present I forced a smile on my face and made my way to my first class. I had taken English because I'm a moron, I didn't see the point to it as I wasn't going into anything that involved a lot of social intervention, instead I was looking to become something along the lines of a doctor.

Sitting down rather abruptly I knocked down the person who was sitting beside me's bag.

"I am so sorry!" I flushed picking up his stuff, a pack of cigarettes caught my attention, as I looked up he stared at me impassively. Staring straight into his hazel eyes I took in his appearance, wearing a ruffled up white shirt and dark black jeans that really didn't look to comfortable I raised my brow, there were creases on his forehead while his lips were slightly parted. The bit of blonde striped into his hair also caught my attention as it swerved in numerous directions. Finally as my eyes traced his jawline... his perfect jawline the tiny bits of stubble made him look oh-so-more desirable

"Its fine." He said grabbing his stuff from my hands, I slowly sat up and looked at the front, but I felt his eyes on me, which made me very uncomfortable.

Nervously my hands started to become very sweaty and I constantly rubbed them against the orange summer dress I was wearing, drying them off quickly before the professor came.

"Welcome to my class." All of a sudden I looked up to see a tall man, maybe in his late 20's, with glasses and sleek, dirty blonde hair radiantly smiling at all the other pupils in the room. He was really attractive and seemed like a distraction. "My name is Professor Barren, I will be your guide this semester, to start off I'd like you to notice everyone on your left and right, you'll be stuck with them for the next bit. I like to do a lot of things involving communication so you should get comfortable with speaking publicly." He chuckled and I groaned softly. "Shake hands with the people sitting on the right of you, introduce yourselves and we'll begin our lesson, you have 5 minutes."

My eyes widened at the fact I'd have to take another look at Mr. Greek God next to me, looking to my left I realized I was sitting at the end of the row, the only person I could introduce myself to was him.

Loud conversation filled my ears as I turned around to see him casually staring at me.

 "Zayn." Peeling my eyes off him I gulped as sweat dripped down my forehead, damn he was making me nervous.

 "Ana –." I decided to just give him the shorter version of my name, it's not like we'd sit together again, and I'd make sure of it.

"Okay class, now that you've met your classmates I have some good news! You've just met your partners for your first assignment."

I mentally slapped my forehead as everything I had feared became true. Glancing over to him he seemed oblivious to the whole thing, taking out his earphones he looked over at me and scowled, wow he doesn't seem like a people's person.

As the class went on the professor explained in very descriptive words on our first assignment. We were supposed to state 5 clauses of how to be a good politician; give examples and each individually write an essay about the topic.

As class ended Zayn stood up and collected his things rather quickly. "W – wait." As he turned around he chewed his gum loudly and raised his brow.

"Do you want to meet up at the library later or something?"

"For?"

"Our assignment...?"

"Oh yeah, sure, just text me when."

"I don't have your –." Before I could finish he was already out of the classroom while I stood there very angrily. "Idiot."