Midnight (part 2) - Thirty Nine

Start from the beginning

I stare at him for a few seconds before walking away.

"Do something" I mumbled to myself while getting into my car.

Beau

AJ and I ended up chatting for a while. We even watched Nikki win the rumble and beat the shit out of her own twin sister, Brie, before she could even get in the ring to congratulate her. It was quite the show. She left before the superstars rumble even began - probably off trying to win punk back over.

AJ's a crazy bitch. I'm not friends with her, probably never will be. Although, I really hope the whole thing with Punk works out. They had a thing together once, and honestly, I hope Punk gives it one more chance.

Zack Ryder and NXT's Sami Zayn were the first two competitors to start off the rumble. Right as the countdown for the third competitor started, my phone buzzed.

Dean: open your door.

I sat there for a minute contemplating what I should do. Do I wanna open the door for him? Should I just ignore it?

Fuck it. I thought. I don't want to ignore anything anymore. Gotta face my problems...

I open the door and see Dean standing there, leather jacket, black beanie, red nose from the chilly weather and a little plastic bag in his hand.

"Hi" he smiles.

"..hi."

"I know you're upset with me."

"I'm not."

"Oh" he scratches his neck. "You're not?"

"No. Just doing what you asked, staying away from you.."

"Yeah, about that" he says as he pushes past me and into my room. "Look," he sits down on my bed "I didn't really- I didn't exactly know what I was was thinking that night. So, can we just forget that ever happened?"

He can't be serious..

"You called me a mess-"

"No no no no no, I basically called your life a mess." He corrects me.

"Because that helps." I fake smile at him while leaning on the wall in front of where he sat.

Dean sighs. "I'm sorry, Beau, I'm really, really sorry." He says as he stands up and walks closer to me. "I-I didn't know what I was thinking that night, I swear. Besides my job, you're the most interesting thing I've got going on. And yeah, you're a little complicated, but hey, I like a challenge!" He smiles. "And more importantly, I like you, a lot. I'm not trying to make this sound like some 'fanfiction, movie, tv show love story shit'" he rolls his eyes. "But I like you. I fought those feelings for a really long time because I didn't want to, but, I just do and I can't stop."

I didn't say anything. Not because I had nothing to say, I couldn't come up with the right words.

'Choose your words wisely' I thought. I'm pretty good at fucking things up but, I don't want to fuck this up. I want him.