I took the pork roast out of the oven and put it on a platter and carried it to the dining room. Setting in down in the center. Kelsie came into the room, followed by Luke. Luke sat at his normal place, the head of the table. Then Kelsie sat down in my spot, the corner seat next to Luke. I sighed, that's not right. I always sat there and Tate sat next to me. Til sat on in the other corner seat next to Luke with Bo next to him. I just shook my head and took a seat at the other end of the table. Tate came bounding into the dining room  but stopped dead in his tracks. 

"You can't sit there! Caroline sits next to me!" Tate whined.

Luke shot him a stern glance. "Tate, that's enough, sit."

Tate looked at me to do something. "Sorry buddy, your daddy is right. Look, sit in your seat. You'll still be next to me."

The rest of the meal went smoothly without any hassle. Everyone ate the last bits of their pork and guzzled away the last drops of their beverages before the kids were sent off to their MeeMaw's, as they did every Friday night. Then it was just Luke, Kelsie, and I. We sat on the couch, silent before Luke began to speak.

"Thanks for joining for dinner with my family and Caroline, Kelsie, we enjoyed having you." He smiled lightly and she blushed.

Oh, brother.

I nodded. "Yes, thanks for coming."

I stared at the love of my life, loving someone else. The pain I felt was so real and I wish I could forget it all. I wish I could take Kelsie away from the picture and elope with Luke, leaving everything behind. I so badly just wanted to take him in my arms and hug him, tell him how much he has come to mean to me. I love him... 

Keep away from the man with cowboy boots and a ball cap, he doesn't love you. 

I quickly got up, feeling tears escape my eyes. I couldn't do this, I couldn't sit here with them. I ran up to my room, ignoring the beckoning calls from Luke. I began to pack up my things. Filling suitcases up felt wrong, but I couldn't stay here anymore. I couldn't be Luke Bryan's nanny anymore. I think I was up there on my own for a good fifteen minutes before I heard Luke's boots very frantically approaching my room.

"Caroline," He said. "Please, may I come in. I'm sorry."

I dabbed my eyes with my now shredded tissue. "No, go away."

"Caroline, I'm not leaving" He persisted.

I groaned. "Come in."

I hated him to see me crying, see me so weak, but I knew he wouldn't go. Luke walked in, a solemn expression painted across his face. He sat next to me on the bed.

"Why are you crying?" He whispered.

I looked at him. "Luke, I can't do this. I can't sit here and watch you love someone else while I'm falling for you, harder and harder each day. I'm done, tell the kids i love them dearly, but I can't be their nanny anymore."

The room fell silent and I just nodded. He wasn't interested in me.

Keep away from the man with the cowboy boots and a ball cap, he doesn't love you. 

I rose from the bed and carried my bags out to my car as quickly as I could. Luke followed close behind. I was still crying as we made it outside. After I shoved my bags into the back, I went to the driver's side. Luke grabbed my arm before I could go. 

"Wait," He spoke.

I gulped, glancing down at his hand on my arm and then up to his face. "Stay," He whispered. 

I shook my head, abruptly wiping the tears from my eyes. " "You don't want a woman like me. I haven't made anything of myself. I'm just a lousy old nanny. I'm nothing compared to Kelsie. And I can't keep falling for you while you're falling for her."" 

Luke took both of my hands in his, pulling me towards him. My lungs felt as if they had lost the ability to breathe. "No, you're so wrong Caroline. I want you and only you. I want all of you. All your imperfections and perfections. I want your giggles and smiles. I want your little snore you do when you're sleeping. I want your love. I want you, all of you, forever, every day. You and me every day."

I was taken aback by his statement. As I stared into his eyes, he brought me closer to him and cupped my cheek. We both leaned in and locked our lips. We stood there in his driveway, kissing passionately, feeling a fire in out hearts. Luke squeezed my hip and brought me even closer, eliminating the empty space between us. I wrapped my arms around his neck before pulling back for some air. He rested his forehead against mine, rubbing my back. Luke then picked me up bridal style and carried me towards the house.

"Luke.."

"Shh."

He carried me into his room, a place I had never dare entered before and laid me gently down onto the bed. He hovered over me. "I love you, Caroline and I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Luke. I love you too." I whispered. 

He smiled wide before kissing me once more before we became tangled in the sheets into the wee hours of the morning.