Chapter 49 - Everything Is Changing

Comincia dall'inizio

I was more than a little aware of the fact that Jayden's hand was in such an intimate spot, but I didn't really mind, he was being a complete gentleman and that was way more than I could say about Cole.

We walked passed a closed door that Jayden explained was for wine storage, we also walked by a small bathroom and a laundry room before we finally stopped at the last door in the hall, "Here we are," Jayden said as he pushed the door open and stepped aside so I could walk in first.

My breath caught at the sight of the studio, it was more than I'd ever wished for myself one day. The windows were the first things that caught my eyes; they were along the entire back wall; void of any window coverings so that natural light could stream in. The walls were a bright white, which in any other circumstance would probably look flat and clinical, but in here it fit. It made the room feel bigger and probably brighter when the sun was shining through, it kind of reminded me of a blank canvas.

There were two long steel craft tables lined placed on either side of the room along the sidewalls. One was visibly stained with dried paint and had two work lamps resting on its top. There were also a few containers full of brushes, pencils and other supplies giving away just how much the table has been used. Beside the stained table on the right side of the room were also wall shelves. They went almost to the ceiling and were cluttered with loads of more art supplies. There were also a bunch of finished art pieces littering the same side of the room, and just by one of the windows on the right side of the space were two easels; both holding unfinished canvases.

I walked over to them immediately wanting to get a closer look. Not wanting to touch the pieces, too afraid of ruining them, I intertwined my fingers together as I analyzed Jayden's work, "It feels good to see how my work seems to capture your undivided attention, Love," Jayden said from somewhere behind me making me spin around to gaze at him.

Nodding, I smiled, "Your very talented, I can tell you have a true passion for your work. I like seeing what you create... I'm kind of envious actually," I said that last part as I looked away, over to the identical, oddly untouched side of the studio.

"Why? I've seen some of your work you're very good... I think, if anything, I should be envious of you... seeing as I have a couple hundred years of practice on you and you're just as good as I am; it's very embarrassing." Jayden said humorlessly making me give a light laugh.

Shaking my head I returned my gaze to him, "I'm not as good as you, but thanks for the complement though."

Turning back to his unfinished pieces I said, "Is this what you were working on earlier?"

"Yeah, Ever since this morning... I've just been inspired, I guess."

"Inspired, huh? By what, if you don't mind me asking," I said without turning back around, I was still too caught up in the pieces to turn away. They both looked abstract, but as I looked a little harder, I couldn't help but think I was missing something in the paintings, like it were right in front of me but hidden at the same time.

As my eyes traveled over the two canvases, I suddenly felt a presence near me and before I could right myself fully to turn around, Jayden's arms shot around me as he grabbed one end of each of the canvases in front of me and pushed them together, "You, Love, I've been inspired by you," Jayden said right beside my ear, his breath a soft whisper as he slowly leaned back from me just a few inches.

Just like earlier, with Cole in the kitchen, I sucked in a staggered breath at Jayden's sudden nearness, but didn't move as my eyes were glued to the two paintings that I, only moments ago, thought were unfinished, but as I realize now are most certainly not.

The two paintings apart only looked like a very creative abstract painting, but put together it was so much more than that and shocking to say the least. Seeing it clearly now, I looked at what the two paintings made... a side view silhouette of a woman's face.