Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Julie's POV:
I slammed my bedroom door and started pacing back and forth with my teeth clenched. After about 20 seconds of thinking, I grabbed a small blade from my dresser drawer. I've done this multiple times before so it was nothing new to me. I made 5 horizontal cuts on each arm because of how upset I was. I let it bleed at first, and so many thoughts swarmed my head as I stared at the cuts along my wrist and the memories on my floor. Then I pulled out a white lined piece of notebook paper and a black pen. I can't be here anymore. I don't want to have to deal with this anymore...
But I don't want to die. Do I?

Yes.
No.
Yes.
No.
Maybe.
No.

After debating and arguing with myself for a while, I realised what I needed to do. Dad's life would probably be a lot happier if it was just him and Katelynne. So I'll do this. For him, and for myself.

I'm going to run away.

I took the paper and pen and began to write the runaway note. After about 5 minutes I was finished:

Dad,
There isn't a whole lot I want to say. And I'm not sure if you'll even care that I left. But I'm staying strong for you, like you always wanted me to. I've realised that you and Katelynne would have a much happier life if it were just the two of you. And I will do anything to make you happy. Including leaving.
I'm not sure where I'm going but I am sure that I'll be okay. I love you so much, and I always will. I hope you can enjoy yourself as much as possible. I also took $200 from your wallet. I told you, I learn from the best. Love ya Mr. Quinn!
Love, Julie.

I also wanted to let him know how hurt I was. I took the small blade I used earlier to cut myself, with the blood still on it, and taped it to the note.

"Well I guess I should get packing." I quietly spoke to myself.

I threw some outfits, some shoes, my phone charger, my hair brush, some aspirin, the money I took from dad, and a few other things into an extra black Vans book bag I had lying around. I took a shower and changed my clothes considering I wasn't sure of the next time I would be able to bathe. I put on black ripped skinny jeans, a red All American Rejects t-shirt, and my black-on-black high top Converse. I only put water proof eyeliner and chapstick on for make up. I let my hair down and didn't bother drying and straightening it because it was already naturally straight.

I put the note on my neatly-made bed and took one more look around.

"I'm really gonna miss this place." I started to tear up.

I wiped the one tear away, grabbed my black Pierce the Veil hoodie and pulled it over my head.
I grabbed my phone, plugged in my ear buds, swung my book bag over my shoulder, and climbed out the fire escape. I didn't bother closing my window.. What's the point?

I reached the bottom of the fire escape and jumped off the latter to the sidewalk. I pulled my phone out and picked a playlist to blast for a while. I decided to pick a playlist that I named: No Control. It had the most hard core songs in it. The one's that scream the loudest.

It's only 12:32pm so I still have a while to go before it got too dark. It is New York, so I had to make sure to watch out for anyone who looked too suspicious. I have my pocket knife on me though, and I've been living here all my life. So I wasn't too scared. I stuffed my hands in my pocket and continued down the sidewalk for a while, thinking and blasting my music through my ear buds.