AFAA: Chapter 10

I am so glad that I was able to update this so soon, but I had time and I really wanted to get this out there since I don't upload too often. And I will work on my other ones soon. So, I hope you enjoy this, it's pretty long.

Comment and vote please :)

________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 10

I woke up and for a second, I forgot where I was.

I only lived in one place in my life, which was my room at the academy and never visited any place. Meaning: I always woke up in the same place every day, no questions. So this was a new experience. And although it was strange, I guess it was a good one. I was out of the Academy, and with that, everything came back to me.

I grew worried and felt a little excited. I was in a new place, with new people, and a whole lot of new things to learn. Granted, it may not all be what I want to hear, but it was something I needed to know. And maybe it would explain more about my past and me.

But that wasn't the only way to know more about me.

I had forgotten all about the files I had stolen at the Academy. With all that had happened, I had forgotten. So, I took them out and sat in my bed in my new room. It was actually a nice room. It was decent sized, I had a small dresser that was also a desk (pretty good) and my bed was queen sized and very comfortable with a nightstand on the side. The room was red and although it reminded me of blood, it was still a good color. I could get used to it here.

So, seeing it was still early and probably should let the other people keep on sleeping, I opened up my file.

So, I knew a bit about my background and my family. I knew where I was born, where I was from. I knew the names of my parents, Juana and Alik Montov. And then I saw right under them the name Vera Montov.

That was my name. That had been my name, before Annalexia Costana. And that was startling news, especially five minutes right after I woke up. But of all the things I should have been thinking about, like being excited I knew my real name, or furious they've lied to me about something as simple as my name. Instead I just thought: I'm a Vera?

It's just your way of dealing with shock, Anna-girl. Just shock.

But it wasn't that reassuring. I slammed the file shut, knowing this was not going to help me. This was only going to be more depressing and make me end up with a hell of a lot of more questions. So, to distract myself, I reached and got the file out of the other number 1 assassin.

I looked at the picture that went with it, first. There was one, taken when the guy graduated 7 years ago. But since then there was only a couple of more snap shots, taken from a distance and obviously this guy didn't know. The Academy has been following him, keeping tabs on him. But they were at different ages, and only three pictures. So obviously they weren't that successful in tracking him. The last photo was a good one, giving me a good clean picture of his face. This one seemed that he was in his early twenties, more recently. He had a square jaw, and dark green eyes. He had dark hair and broad shoulders. Muscular, but not over the top. The way his face looked, and how his body texture looked, even in a photo, indicated this guy was badass. And that you shouldn't mess with him.

I looked on to read his name, Asher Gattes, was his original name and the one he kept at the Academy too. It didn't make sense, why did they let him keep his name and not the rest of us? Why not me? He was 24, currently, and was brought to the Academy when he was seven. Pretty old, but it was an opportune time for the Academy, apparently, and he was stubborn at first, not wanting to do what the Academy told him to do. Gradually, after he was sent to the West Wing quite a few times, he started cooperating, but rebelling whenever he could.