The Fridge

Previously...

"Director Fury."

"Doctor. How is the patient?" She looked behind him to the two large Specialists behind him and couldn't help but fear for the angelic boy she just saved. She quickly turned to face them and positioned her body directly between them and her new patient. 

"He is not in a stable condition yet. A large portion of the CHM toxins have yet to be flushed out of his system and there were some other poisons registered that we have yet to neutralize. He had numerous lacerations covering his entire body varying in length and depth. A few needed stitching but none were life threatening." She avoided bringing up the boy's scars, feeling those were his story to tell, not hers. "He had several broken and bruised ribs, all from some sort of altercation previous to his apprehension. His hands were also torn up, with various filaments and gravel pieces imbedded within his skin. I cannot say much for his mental state but overall physically, he could have been much worse and is incredibly fit. The major problem were the CHM bullets barbed into his back muscles. That, and some unknown variable that has inhibited his body's ability to stabilize."

"So you are saying he had previous injuries, yet, he was able to fight and beat the team I sent after him?" The agents seem to scowl at this. The doctor guessed their pride was still an unattractive quality they retained through their missions, aside from their arrogance and heartless nature. Though she would never say or things such things about the magnanimous and merciful Director Fury. She simply wouldn't dare to. 

She looked down at her chart and contemplated her answer, trying to hold back her snarky, sleep deprived side. "If your entire team was beat up by him, then yes. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to check up on him and then do my rounds. You are not to move him Director Fury. You can post guards outside his door but until I say so, you and your men will not lay a hand on him." Her tone left no room for argument. Fury wanted to argue, but knew playing to her good side meant his target would be cleared early. He needed Perseus Jackson cleared for interrogation as soon as possible. Though knowing Fury, Percy would only be staying the night.

His chosen agents would take excellent care of young Perseus. 

~~~

"Are you insane?!" Dylan fought against the two agents but her arms had been twisted around her back and both the men were twice her size. She kicked out and tried to escape their grips. A group of agents had come down saying her teenage patient was scheduled to be transferred. Director Fury's orders. She found that hard to believe. 

While Director Fury was an emotionless man, but he was not soulless. Most target transfers were done during the daytime, not during the early hours of the morning when the roads are abandoned. It went against the pattern and orders all the other transfers followed. Why was this boy so different? They sent more then one team after him, he was more than wounded, beat them all, and now they were transferring him without due process. They wouldn't even show her the orders. The minute she questioned them and fought against them, she was manhandled. Dylan didn't do manhandling. 

"He is not in a stable condition yet! If you move him without the proper medical equipment or care, he could go into cardiac arrest, fall into a coma, overdose on the toxins running through his bloodstream, or simply die! He is a minor! I cannot allow you in good conscience to move him!" The two men hand cuffed her arms to a chair in the waiting rooms, tangled between the bars. Dylan kicked out but they had his gurney and were out of reach. Their faces were masks of calm, not a single nuance of emotion flashing across their eyes. These men were not SHEILD, Dylan realized this now. But why would they want this boy? Before she could yell or protest anymore, they slapped a piece of duck tape onto her mouth and walked away as she screamed out.