Chapter three

Sorry it's been a little while, but look! An update! I hope you all enjoy the chapter. Please vote and comment to let me know what you think!! Please and thank you. 

Chapter three

The next day Taylor sat next to me in my chemistry class and I raised an eyebrow at her.

“Hey.” She said smiling at me.

“Um, hey?” I laughed.

“What?” She asked catching on.

“You weren’t in this class yesterday.” I pointed out.

“Oh ya. I was ‘sick’.” She said while making air quotes. She lowered her voice. “I just didn’t feel like coming to school.”

“Alright.” I laughed.

Ms. Scott got the whole class’s attention before she directed our attention to the big screen in front of the classroom.

What appeared to be a commercial came on.

“Do you want to go to the homecoming dance?” Said an unseen boy’s voice. “Do you want to go with a date?” I heard Taylor groan beside me. “Are you too scared to ask anyone?”

“Where is this going?” I whispered to her.

“Nowhere good.” She whispered back.

“You don’t have to worry for this homecoming dance.” The boy’s voice said again. “Because this homecoming dance every student will fill out an online personality quiz that will match you with another student that will be your date.”

Taylor stared at me open mouthed. “This is either the best thing or the worst thing to happen.”

Ms. Scott turned off the screen before facing us all and clearing her throat. “The student council thought that this would be a good idea to take stress away from students and a good way for students to make new acquaintances.” I raised my hand. “Yes, Kaci?”

“What if you already have someone you want to go with?”

“Unfortunately for this dance you must take the online quiz and get paired with another student otherwise you are not allowed to go. The online quiz is basically your ticket.”

“Well this is officially stupid.” I muttered to Taylor.

“Were you going to ask someone?” She said giving me a knowing a look.

“No, but I don’t wanna take the stupid test.”

“You don’t have to take the test if you don’t want to, but if you don’t you cannot go to the dance.” Ms. Scott clarified for the rest of the class.

The whole school was going by agonizingly slow, and I barely spoke to anyone in any of my classes.

The boys tried to talk to me in history but I basically ignored them.

“So for this homecoming test wanna swap answers?” Drake said giving me a grin. I gave him a look that I hoped said ‘shut up I’m trying to pay attention’ but he ignored it. “Cuz if we have the same answers we can go together.” He said giving me a joking seductive look.

I shook my head and went back to paying attention to what our teacher was saying.

During free period I told Taylor I’d meet her in her room so we could spend the hour together.

“Hey.” She said as she opened the door for me.  She plopped back down on her bed where I soon joined her and set up my lap top.

I agreed to only do the personality quiz for kicks, not because I was looking for a date. Not to mention I knew she wanted to do it but she wouldn’t do it without me.