Chapter 18

Simone p.o.v

I woke up and shook Cat to wake her up also. I whipped up some breakfast and we ate quickly then put on regular clothes. We had decided last night to wait till daylight to make a break for it. We twisted up wire hangers to use as weapons. It wasn't much but it was all we had since Janelle had taken all sharp objects from the room. I picked the lock with bobby pins and we exited the room. Walking slowly I went up the stairs then rounded the corner and peered into the hallway. Empty. I nodded towards Cat for her to follow me and continued forward. We came to the kitchen. Empty. I checked the living room. No one was in sight. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"You were right we're alone. Let's try to find a car, Hurry." We searched the room until we came to a locked one. I opened it with the bobby pin and found an assortment of weapons. I picked up two handguns and checked to see if they were loaded before handing one to Cat.

"I don't know how to use this!" She looked terrified. I took it back from her.

"Safety on, safety off, trigger. I know you're scared but this might be our only chance to get out of here." Cat took a deep breath and nodded with a look of determination on her face.

"Ok let's go."

We found the garage. It was massive but there was only a convertible in it. I scanned the garage till I spotted a rack with a pair of keys dangling on it. I grabbed them and hopped in the convertible. Cat followed suit.

"Shouldn't we let the top up?" She asked.

"We will once we get some distance from this house. Don't buckle your seatbelt in case we have to run or something." I found the garage opener and we peeled out. As soon as we hit the main road I mashed the gas as hard as I could. We drove for about 30 minutes before I slowed down. I turned off the main road onto a dirt road and drove for a while. Trees surrounded us. I held my breath and tried to concentrate, tightening my grip on the gun. I eventually came to another road, small but paved. I slowed down a lot more as we continued to ride in silence.

Suddenly a hand was placed over my mouth and eyes as I was pulled from the car and onto the ground. I fumbled with the gun and got the safety off waving it around. The grip on me tightened and I fired one shot before the gun was knocked from my hand. I heard a painful cry as I struggled with the person holding me. I panicked because I couldn't see and thrashed around as wildly as possible. My movement seemed not to phase the attacker as I was pulled to my feet and off into the woods. My mind raced Janelle must have really had guards, she's going to kill us. I bit the hand of the person carrying me and they yanked it away momentarily, cursing.

"CAT!!" I yelled. The hand went back over my mouth but this time a cloth was in front of it. I heard a muffled cry before everything went black.

Amina p.o.v

I woke up feeling hazy. I looked around the room and remembered where I was. I jumped up and put the blanket back where I found it before gathering my things. I was putting on my shoes when the front door opened and Kasey came in. She held a bouquet of roses and a small bag. I continued tying my shoes. Kasey sat down beside me on the couch,

"Aw, come on Amina please don't go I'm sorry about last night."

I looked up into her eyes and they pleaded with me. I crossed my arms. She lay the roses on the coffee table and sat the bag on my lap. I peeked inside. There was a card, some chocolates, 2 gift cards one for target and one for Starbucks. I pulled out the card. On the front there was a smiling puppy and it said I just want to say... Opened it and on the inside she had crossed out where it said get well soon and written Sorry for being a major dick :( I laughed and looked up at Kasey. She gave her lopsided smile.