CHAPTER 3

authors note:

Felt like updating twice today. though am not sure how i feel about this chapter.  best part is there will be more action in the coming chapters.

so enjoy.

*edited*

******************************

Today is the day, Cara thought as she opened her eyes. She had never before in her life imagined that her wedding day would turn out to be the one day she dreaded most, it was supposed to be the day, like every girl dreamed of, as being the day she married the man of her dreams, but instead of that she was getting married to a man who not only seemed to hate her but also had it in his head that she was a whore but she couldn't blame him for that because they say that first impressions are the most important and we all know the impression she created. (Not a fan of her thought process but we can't deny that this is something that happens to a majority of us, justifying the mean things people say to us)

She slowly got out of bed and went to have a shower wishing it was possible to stay in the shower and just ignore the day that was ahead of her. She got out of the shower and sat down to have her makeup and hair done. Getting lost in her thoughts, thinking of how she was going to get into her husband's good books. She wanted to make it possible so that even if they were never going to love each other, they were at least going to be friends or at the very least have an amicable relationship. That was her main goal in this whole crazy charade.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she was startled when the stylist told her that everything was done and it was time for her to put on the dress and get going. Time sure flies when you least want it to, she grumbled inwardly.

Time skip: At the church.

Cara stood beside her father, who despite it all was walking her down the aisle. Even if it was not what any of them thought it would be, it was still her wedding day.

"I'm so sorry sweetie, I had always hoped that the day I walk you to your husband-to-be, you would be smiling, your eyes twinkling and you would be all nervous about tripping and falling flat on your face." Cara smiled at this, "But here you are looking as if you are walking to the gallows to be hanged" Paul said solemnly with teary eyes.

"That is exactly how I feel daddy. Please stop saying sorry, I don't blame you, I just wish there was a way out of this." Cara said smiling sadly at her father.

The doors opened and she saw Zander at the altar waiting for her without the smallest indication of a smile to at least make her feel wanted. She let out a silent sigh when they finally reached the end of the aisle. Her father sadly smiled at her and headed her over to zander with a small request to at least take care of her. Zander gave a curt nod before turning to the priest and telling him to commence with the ceremony.

Cara kept thinking of how she would appease her husband into liking her and if possible request to have him end the marriage without the possibility her and her father ending up in jail or homeless. She was so lost in thought that she did not hear the priest asked her whether she accepted Zander as her husband. She felt a tag on her hand and look up at Zander who was looking at her so coldly with anger in those frosty eyes that she felt a chill down her spine, she looked at the priest who was staring at her. He repeated the question and she quickly answered

"I do." She looked at Zander who didn't look happy about it, in reality he looked at her as though this was the last place on earth he wanted to be at that exact moment. You and me brother, you and me both she thought. She also did not want to be there getting married to someone who did not love her or even like her. Once again lost in thought she was surprised when she felt a soft peck on her cheek and stared up at Zander who was smirking at her with eyes that held a promise of suffering and loneliness. Looks as if we are now husband and wife. Yippee!! She thought sarcastically.

They walked out of the church and headed for the photo session though she would not have wanted to have photos where the smiles and kisses would be all fake and honestly kind of cringy but her now father-in-law insisted that this marriage had to be as realistic as possible because there was a need for some in their home in the event that they hosted a dinner or any sort of event with clients in their home.

At the reception everyone seemed to be having fun, all except the main reason for the wedding. They both looked as if they had been led there at gunpoint. There was one point in the evening that Cara dreaded the most, their first dance as a couple, she did not want to be held by this man any closer than necessary but knowing the crowd at the wedding, there would be a need for some kind of chemistry between them because she had recently come to learn that the Morreti's were a very well-known and famous family and as a result there were photos that were expected to be posted in the tabloids.

"And now it's time for the couple's first dance" Cara froze, the moment she dreaded had arrived. She saw a hand appear in her line of vision, she knew without having to look up that it was Zander. She took his hand and they headed to the dance floor that had been created in the center of the room. She felt his hand on the small of her back and this caused a funny and odd feeling in her stomach, she chose to ignore it. They danced to the first song and they had not yet said anything to each other let alone looked at each other.

Suddenly Zander tightened his grip on her and she looked up at him questioningly and he looked to his side pointedly and she followed his gaze only to see the screen that had been mounted above the table where they had been sitting was focusing on them, funny how she had not noticed it before. He smiled at her and her heart must have skipped a bit but then she noticed that it did not reach his eyes, and her joy deflated. It is all just for show, she thought dejectedly, of course it is, why would i expect any different. She tried returning his smile making it look as real as possible. Just then the crowd started chanting for them to kiss.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" she looked up at him pleading with her eyes for him not to do it but he just smirked his usual cold one and kissed her right on the lips. Cara felt as if her insides turned into goo and unconsciously kissed him back.

Zander felt all his sensations run south and felt himself sat to harden. The kiss started to get heated but it was all cut short when Cara suddenly pulled back and looked up at him with a deep blush coloring her cheeks and her eyes looking a little dazed. He watched as the dazed look quickly disappeared and the realization of what had just happened processed in her brain and her face became stoic and expressionless but what she didn't know was that her eyes still showed the turmoil raging within her.

Her eyes are reality expressive; I guess it's true when they that the eyes are the windows to the soul, Zander thought as he continued looking at her. She suddenly looked at the screen before looking back at him.

"Can we please sit down, I'm getting kind of tired," she said looking at their feet.

"Sure," he said in his usual emotionless voice. He had learnt at a young age to never show his real emotions or any emotions for that matter, but he did not want to go there. What he did not understand was what had caused him to approach Cara that night. Before long the wedding reception was over and they were on their honeymoon on the Morreti family island. Yeah you heard that right they had an island. It had been bought by Zander's great grandfather as a place to get away from all the hustle of the city.

Before long they had landed at the island and Zander watched as Cara gaped at the island. It was a beautiful sight the way her eyes wandered taking in the island. He suddenly caught up to what he was thinking, he did not want to entertain such thoughts.

"Are you done staring and gawking?" he asked her coldly and started walking towards the car that was to take them to the villa.

********

please vote and comment about your thoughts on the story