Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Rylie's POV

            "Alright, so in here is the kitchen to your right as you can see; to the left is the living room, and I'm sorry but we don't have cable because it would be too hard for them to run it way out here. But, your more than welcome to watch movies. I have a pretty big collection since I have no cable." I told him as we stood just inside the doorway.

            "I can handle no cable." Liam said with a smile.

            I just nodded my head. "Since it's just about winter time if you don't mind, instead of paying with cash you can help me get firewood this week."

            He nodded his head. "Okay, sounds good to me. I'd still like to give you money for letting me stay here on such short notice though."

            I walked into the kitchen taking out some left over jambalaya for me and him. "Trust me you're going to be chopping a lot of wood tomorrow so make sure you rest up. Do you want something to eat?" he nodded his head, so I dished out two plates placing his in the microwave first.

            He sat at my kitchen table quietly looking like he belonged there. 'Maybe it was a good idea to get a roommate. I've been alone here far too long.' I thought as he watched me move around the kitchen, getting us both something to drink. His food was ready so I placed it and his drink in front of him.

            "Thank you." He said to me as I turned around to get my food.

            "You're welcome." I said giving him a small smile. We ate in silence and after, I washed the dishes while he dried. It was actually quite comforting to have someone else in the house with me. "Alright, all finished. You can take a shower first if you want." I told him after we finished with the dishes.

            "Oh no, it's fine. I'll just get my stuff settled in my room while you shower." Liam said.

            "Okay well this is your room, mines across the hall and the bathroom is straight down at the end of the hall." I waited for a response but he just nodded his head and stood there. "Umm, so that's everything. Oh and you have fresh sheets and blankets so you don't have to worry about any of that."

            "Thank you for doing this again. I know you didn't have too, and I really appreciate it." He said looking me straight in the eyes making me slightly uncomfortable.

            I licked my lips causing him to look at them. "Well uh like I said, you're welcome but don't worry about it. So I'm going take a shower now and you can take one after. Just make yourself at home." With that I stepped into the bathroom.

            It felt like my wolf wanted to get to know him. Maybe tomorrow I'll let him see her if he doesn't do anything stupid tonight. I took a quick shower, making sure he had hot water. I could hear him in his room after I stepped out of the shower dripping wet. I laughed lightly as I realized I didn't have any men's shower gel or anything. The only thing I had was raspberry smelling, hope he doesn't mind.

            I quickly dried off and put on my pajamas consisting of a tank top and cotton shorts. Walking out of the bathroom I knocked on his door. He opened it quickly. "The bathrooms open, I'm gonna go to bed so I'll see you in the morning."

            "Okay thank you. You smell good by the way." He commented causing a faint blush to rise on my cheeks.

            "Yeah well goodnight." I said turning around before he saw the blush.

            My room was a little stuffy, so I opened a window slapping a hand over my mouth before my wolf could release a howl at the almost full moon. I jumped on my bed curling up into a ball.