I started to take in her appearance, she was wearing a strapless floral top that had ruffles along with a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a pair of strappy sandals. I guess she felt me looking at her because she looked at me and blushed as she took her earbuds out. "How long have you been here?" She asked, standing up and walking over to me. "About five minutes, I didn't want to disturb you, plus you were singing and I didn't want to stop that." I smiled at her, reaching out and taking her hand in mine. "Ready to go to dinner?" She replies to me with a nod. I stood up and the two of us make our way to the dinning room, where everyone else was waiting for us. 

~No one's POV~

"Clint she's gonna kill you." Natasha said as she watched her partner put some minced garlic into Serena's plate of food. "Hey, I'll just blame it on Tony." He chuckled, earning a 'what-the-fuck' look from Tony. "Excuse me, I will not get killed for your experiment." Tony said, pointing at Clint. "She's to nice to kill you." Clint waved his hand dismissively. "Finally, they're here." Natasha rolled her eyes as she watched Steve and Serena enter the dining room. 

"Hey guys." Serena smiled, sitting down next between Tony and Steve. "I'm so glad that whole alien invasion is over." She said as she took a bite of her burger. 'Really? Garlic? Did they think I wouldn't notice?' Serena chuckled mentally, looking at Natasha for answers. Natasha secretly point her finger at Clint who was sitting next to her. 

Serena decided to mess with them. She started coughing, quieting everyone down. "Are you alright?" Steve asked her in a worried voice. Serena opened her voice to answer, but the only thing that came out of her mouth were wheezes. She secretly winked at Natasha before clutching her chest and throat and falling to the ground. "Oh my god I am so sorry Serena! I didn't think the garlic would kill you! Serena I am so sorry!" Clint apologized, running over to her side. "You put garlic in her food!?" Steve asked in an angry tone. "You," Serena grabbed the collar of Clint's shirt and flipped him off, "Are stupid." Serena bursted out laughing as she saw everyone's faces. "Serena, you really had me worried." Steve said, slightly upset with her that she did that. "I'm sorry, please forgive me." She hugged him and looked up at him with a cute face. "Fine, but if you're ever going to pull something like that ever again, you better tell me before hand." Steve told her, hugging her back. 

"Wait, so the garlic had nothing?" Clint asked, pointing his fork at her. "No, the garlic thing is a bust." Serena chuckled, eating her fries. Then she leaned over the table and grabbed the collar of his shirt and brought his face to hers, "But you ever mess with my food again, you will regret it." Clint let out a nervous chuckle and nodded while putting his hands up in the air, "Understood." "Good." Serena smiled, letting go of Clint. 

"So, Cap, you and Serena ey?" Tony wiggled his eyebrows at Steve. "You make it sound like we're the next big thing Stark." Steve rolled his eyes. "Well duh, mister stick-up-my-ass getting with the hot doctor, that's a pretty big matter." Tony joked, earning a punch in the arm from Serena. "Better than some drunk ass playboy." She snapped at Tony, sticking her tongue out at Tony. Tony glared at her and flipped her off, earning a harsh glare from Steve, "Watch it Stark." He warned Tony. 

Once everyone was done eating, Natasha and Serena decided to hang out in Serena's room. "So when did you and Cap happen huh?" Natasha smirked, as Serena pulled out a box of chocolates. "Uhm after we brought Loki back." Serena blushed, eating some chocolate clusters. "Did you guys kiss? Hm?" Natasha grabbed some of the chocolate and ate it herself. "Kiss on the cheek yeah," she giggled as Natasha rolled her eyes. "What about him cuffing you huh?" She poked Serena. "He didn't want me to go so he cuffed me to his bed to prevent me from following. I swear we weren't doing anything." Serena stuck her tongue out at Natasha. "You two are no fun." Natasha scoffed slightly, rolling her eyes. "Hey, we're old fashioned, plus I don't want to push him." Serena shrugged.

The two talked until late into the night, catching up with each other. "Well, it's getting late, I'll see you later Serena." Natasha said before leaving. 

Serena picked up her phone and checked the time. 10:00 the screen read. She sighed and unlocked her phone and texted Steve.

SA: Hey babe you still awake? 

SR: I'm not a baby? 

SA: Lol, it's what people call their boyfriend/girlfriend hehehe

SR: Oh... But yeah I'm awake.

SA: Come to my room? Cuddles? 

SR: Be there in 5.

'He's such a dork.' Serena giggled as she waited for Steve. "Come in." She called out when she heard a knock on her door. "I still have a lot to catch up on huh?" Steve chuckled as he closed the door. "Yep, now we shall start our lesson for tonight: modern language 101." Serena giggled, patting the spot on the bed next to her.

~1 Hour later Steve's POV~

"Well that's a lot to soak in." I said, a trying to keep all that I just learned in my head. "You'll get use to it, that's just the bare basics." Serena told me, yawning and rubbing her eyes. "I'll let you be for the night," I told her, kissing her forehead and releasing her from my arms. "You can stay if you want Steve." She told me, sitting up on her bed. "I've never slept with anyone before, let alone a girl." I scratched the back of my neck, blushing. "Neither have I, earlier was the first time I've cuddled and fell asleep with a guy." She giggled, smiling at me. "You've never been with a guy before?" I was a little surprised, I mean a girl as pretty as her I'd expect a boyfriend or two. "Nope, you're my first and only." She smiled. 

I smiled back and crawl into bed with her. "Steve," she laid her head on my chest, "Breathe, relax. I know this is all new to you, it is to me too." Her voice soothed me, I felt myself relax as I listened to her voice and breathed in her scent. "Good night Steve, I love you." "Good night Serena, I love you too."

That night, I had no nightmares about the past.

____________________________

:) :) :)