A Note on The Inadequate Experiments (and What Happens From Here On)

Hey guys!! 

I apologise in advance -- I know you guys are still anxiously waiting for a new chapter, and this is not one. However, I would like to believe I have a good reason for this. 

In late September, I finally graduated high school. I then started my state-wide external exams aka the HSC. The HSC went for four weeks from October 11 to November 4, throughout which I had seven exams, all around 2 to 3 hours long. I'm not making excuses here -- I'm just giving you guys a reason as for why I was so inactive during this time. 

I know I was very absent prior to this time as well -- this was half due to the fact that one of my HSC subjects was visual arts, for which I had to make a body of work, a series of artworks that I was given the whole year to complete. A whole year which was filled with far too much procrastination that led to me having a very busy month before it was due just to finish it. Right after my body of work was due and handed in, I then had one week to prepare for my music performance exam. These two assessments took a lot of my time in late August, early September. 

Since I have graduated and finished the HSC, I began rewriting The Inadequate Experiments: White Noise with the full intention of sending it to a publisher; White Noise had been sent to publishers before, and Random House Australia even asked for my full manuscript following my query letter. However, they turned the full manuscript down; from this, I realised, the premise of the story was more promising than the story itself. My mission now is to rewrite the story to the same standard as the idea behind it. I have currently rewritten five chapters, and the story is so incredibly different now. The main change is that Sera and Calliope's stories are now happening at the same time within the one book; the accident that caused Calliope's scars and the death of Libby is also the accident through which Sera met Oliver (of course, the circumstances have changed greatly to allow this). 

So the point I am getting to, which I fear will be a big disappointment to everyone (for which I apologise greatly), is that now I have started rewriting White Noise in a far more sophisticated way with many changes of circumstances, the current version of Fiction no longer fits with it -- it feels to me more like a parallel universe than a sequel. While working towards the publication of White Noise, I can't concentrate on this old version of Sera and Oliver's world without getting too confused; this version is going on a very different tangent, and it's strange for me to keep trying to write it, when it will eventually become obsolete. 

So, this author's note is to let you guys know why I have been so absent (and apologise greatly), but mainly to let you guys know that I won't be continuing to write this version of The Inadequate Experiments: Friction. I hope you guys understand my reasoning. More than this, however, I would like to thank you all for all the support you have given me over the past three years since I started writing The Inadequate Experiments; I would not be where I am if it was not for all your comments and votes and reads, nor would I be in such a good mind frame to believe this is the story I can achieve my publishing dream with. 

I haven't decided whether or not this new, rewritten version of White Noise will be put on Wattpad. I wanted to ask you guys your opinions first -- I didn't want to post it out of the blue and confuse the lot of you. So if you guys want me to keep you updated with the rewritten version of White Noise, I will be very happy to do so. The current version of White Noise and Friction will not be deleted, and will remain on Wattpad, because despite all the changes I'm making to the story, I'm very proud of what these stories of Wattpad helped me achieve.

As for the other stories I am writing, The Covert Interventions: The Scientist also becomes obsolete with my rewriting of White Noise, so it will no longer be updated (however, I believe I haven't updated it in a very long time, regardless). The Reflection of Piper Chastidy will still be updated, however, I'm in a bit of a slump for that one as my document corrupted and I lost three full chapters that I hadn't yet uploaded to Wattpad. There is a high chance I will continue to write The Sinister Shadows (prequel to The Inadequate Experiments), but they will be slow updates. This leaves the only story that should have regular updates (if all goes to plan) as A Collection of Ruins, which I am co-writing with my lovely friend Mikayla; now we have much more time to write it. 

Once again, I cannot thank you guys enough for all the love and support and constructive criticism you have given me on this series for the past three years. I love you all endlessly; you are part of the reason I'm pushing so hard to get this series published, as you have given me such love and confidence, and I wish to give you all something back. So thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart. And I'm sorry that I can no longer continue this version of Friction -- I know you were all looking forward to an update.

Do let me know if you want me to post what I have of the new version of White Noise!

I hope you all understand my reasons, and know that I am so sorry that while making White Noise better I made this story obsolete. 

~ Sianywu22 x