Chapter 1

Duskcaller Pov.

I search through the whole nightwing kingdom trying to find the owner of this scale, but so far I found nothing. I fly overhead and see a black dragon. I land beside her.

"Excuses me, Destruction, have you seen a dragonet with these scales?" I asked her. She turned and looked at the scale. She looked at it with an annoyed expression. She sighed.

"That would be one of my daughter's scales." She said. I place the scale back around my neck, slipping the leather strap over my head.

"Do you know where she is now?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"That troublesome girl has run off, I can't find her anywhere! I've been searching for her for days now. Maybe she left the kingdom to escape me, but I will find her again." Destruction growled. She turned and stormed off. I decided to see what's in her mind.

-Once I find Moonlight, she is dead!- Destruction's thoughts are horrid. If she does find her daughter first, the prophecy will be ruined! I turn to find a clearing. I spread my wings, ice blue starlike scales show under my wings. I take off and head east. I decided to go to every kingdom and ask them to look out for Moonlight. I start to fly to the rainwing kingdom to talk to Queen Crystal. Then I'll go to the mudwing kingdom to talk to Queen Amber. I'll need to find a way to talk to the seawing Queen Seabreeze. Hm.....maybe I could just get my mother to call a meeting. I stop flying and hover. I turn around and fly back to the nightwing kingdom. I fly to the castle and notice guards from other kingdoms standing outside the conference room.

"May I enter? I need to tell my mother something." I ask the guards. They let me through. I walk in and see the queens from the seven tribes gathered around a table. I look at the seven queens, naming them in order. On the left the icewing Queen Icestorm, next to her was the skywing Queen Crimson. Beside her was the seawing Queen Seabreeze. My mother sat next to her. On my mother's other side was the mudwing Queen Amber who sat next to the rainwing Queen Crystal. On the far right was the sandwing Queen Sunset.

"Ah, Duskcaller, what did you need?" My mother asked me. I walked over to the table.

"I was going to ask you to call a council meeting, but I guess one was already scheduled. So if I may ask something of everyone here." I said. My mother nodded. "I want you all to look at this scale. It belongs to the nightwing in the prophecy. I want you to look out for her in your kingdoms. Her name is Moonlight, question every nightwing that comes to your kingdoms." I tell them.

"How do you know Moonlight is the one in the prophecy?" Queen Icestorm asked. I point to the small crimson spot on the scale.

"Most of the time, this little scale is the same color as the starlike scales under our wings." I replied. I opened my wings to show my ice blue starlike scales that matched my eyes and scales. My mother did the same showing her lilac scales.

"I'll defiantly keep my eye out." Queen Amber said. The other queens looked at each other then nodded.

"It is the only lead we have so we must find her." Starcaller said as she folded her wings.

"Yes. And we need to find her before her mother does." I said. My mother tilted her head.

"Why before her mother finds her?" Queen Crimson asked.

"I read her mind after I spoke to her. She doesn't like her daughter. She wants to kill her the next time she finds her." I said.

"Which dragon is her mother?" Starcaller asked.

"Her name is Destruction." I told her.

"Destruction......she never stays long. We must find her before she leaves again." Starcaller said. Two nightwing guards nodded and left the room. "Thank you Duskcaller for the information. Now go and continue your search for Moonlight." I nod then turn to leave. The guards let me out and I leave the castle. Hm....where to go now, maybe I should go check the mountains. There are lots of hiding places there.