Prolouge

Diamonds bright, have turned to dark

Legions of death have left their mark

Five born of Light to bring their spark

The Marks of Crimson become our ark

In the ocean's depths,

Crimson lights are waking.

In the mountain's peaks,

Crimson horns are shaking.

In the swamp's darkened waters,

Crimson scales are quaking.

In the desert's hidden dunes,

A Crimson tail is aching.

In the night's darkened skies,

Crimson stars are breaking.

If the gleaming sun

Is blocked by the moon

The end will come

The end is soon.

Prologue

Overworld Pov

A lone deep red egg rest at the edge of a mountain. A dark ash colored horn pokes a hole in the shell, and a dragonet the color of dark scarlet breaks the shell. He looks around and calls out, but no other dragon comes to his calls. He slowly walked to the edge of a lake close to where he hatched. He looked at his reflection. He wondered why his mother had abandoned him. He closed his eyes as a tear slips down his scaly cheek.

There was a soft thud behind him. He turned and saw a teal colored dragon behind him. She had soft blue eyes and glowing scales the color of pearls. A small sky blue head poked out from behind her head. The scarlet dragonet was terrified.

"Mommy, what is that?" The small light blue dragonet asked the teal dragon. She studied the scarlet dragonet.

"This is a skywing, but I wonder why he is alone? Are you alone or is your mother hunting?" She asked the small scarlet dragonet. He looked toward his egg remains then tears filled his eyes. "Ah....I see now. You were abandoned. Come here little one. I'll take care of you." She said as she held out a webbed talon. The scarlet dragonet looked at her then at her talons. He grabbed one of her talons with his tiny ash talons. She lifted him up onto her back beside the sky blue dragonet.

"Hi! I'm Typhoon! We are going to be good friends!" The sky blue dragonet said, his pale blue lights flashed rapidly. The scarlet dragonet smiled slightly. The teal dragon began to walk toward a cave in the side of the mountain. Once they were inside, the teal dragon grabbed the two dragonets and placed them in front of her.

"Now to find a fitting name for you." The teal dragon said. She looked over the scarlet dragonets scales. Light pink underbelly and eyes, scarlet scales and darker scarlet scales, she wondered about a name that could fit these colors.

"What about Fireblitz?" Typhoon said. His mother shook her head. The scarlet dragonet was staring at them, a confused look on his face.

"How about Wildfire?" The teal dragon said. The scarlet dragonet thought for a minute then nodded. "You can either call me mom or Shell." Wildfire nodded, a smile on his face.

2 years later...

"Hey Wildfire! You coming out or not?!" Typhoon yelled from outside the cave. Wildfire sighed, smoke rising from his nose as he exhaled.

"Yes I'm coming." He yelled back. He turned to Shell. "You going to hunt too?" He asked.

"Yes." She said as she stood. They left the cave together. Wildfire looked up at the sun as his scales began warm up. Shell stood in front of the two dragonets. "Remember the hunting boundaries. I want you both back here in an hour." Shell told them. They nodded and took off to the skies. She watched them disappear behind the clouds. Once they vanished, she went over to the lake and dove down under to catch some fish.