Chapter Two: Frank The Plank: Part One

Start from the beginning

I got up form the floor and put on my fuzzy slippers then headed downstairs to watch T.V with the rest of my family. When I got to the bottom of the stairs that led into the living room. I saw that everyone was either on the couch, floor, or the two chairs that we had. Steve, Fiona, Carl, and V (Also known as Veronica, our next door neighbor) was sitting on the couch. Debbie sat on the floor next to the couch, Lip was sitting with a girl I had never seen before, on the chair that was closest to the couch. And Ian was sitting on the other chair. Everyone was facing the T.V, waiting for whatever show they were watching, to start.

"Oh hey, Willow." Lip announced my presence to everyone in the room. 

"Hi." I waved and smiled at everyone. I walked over to the chair Lip and the blond haired girl were sitting. "Hello my name's Willow, what's yours?" I introduced myself politely while holding my hand out for her to shake. 

"Hi my names Karen Jackson." Karen said as she took my hand and gave me a shake. 

"Hey, Willow." I heard Steve call from behind me. I turned and saw him handing me a burger. "Here." 

I looked at the burger for a moment before saying, "I'm sorry Steve, I'm vegetarian. I know you went out of your way to get food for us. I'm sorry." I looked down at my feet embarrassed. 

"Why are you apologizing?" Steve asked me. Before I could answer him Lip said, 

"She apologizes for everything, even when she has no control over the situation."

"Well now I know what to get you for next time." Steve said. I looked up at him and saw that he was smiling at me, so I smiled back. 

"Thank you for the thought." I said as I walked past him and into the kitchen to get a glass of water. When I came back into the living room, I walked over to Ian and sat down on the floor in front of him but I was leaning back on his legs. He looked down and we smiled at each other before looking back to the T.V.

"Damn girl." V said, I looked over at her and saw that she was talking to me. "It's like every time I see you, your skinner than the last." I a fake giggled at her and turned my attention back to the T.V taking a sip of my water. 

It was a nice rare moment in time where all you could here was the T.V in the Gallagher house. I looked around the room slowly. I looked at Debbie and saw how red her hair was, her freckles that made her face just seem complete, and I saw her big brown eyes glued to the T.V, completely engulfed in the T.V show. Next I looked at Carl and saw that his dark brown/gray eyes held the same amazement for the T.V as Debbie's.         

I then looked at V, Fiona, and Steve. All of their eyes were glued to the T.V. Veronica was Fiona's best friend and I was very grateful to Veronica because she was the only one that could get Fiona out of the house and have fun for herself and not having to worry about us kids. I was also very grateful to Steve because he has also tried to help Fiona realize that she doesn't have to take care of all of us twenty-four-seven. Steve was trying to show Fiona that the world would not end if she did something for herself. 

Lip and Karen were sitting on the chair next to Ian and I. Their eyes were also trained on the T.V that was set up in the corner of the room. I looked over and saw Lip's arm wrapped around Karen's waist, I smirked at that. Karen and Lip would make a cute couple, but I knew that they were only sex buddies at the moment. I was kind of hoping that they would actually become something more than that one day because Lord know's Lip need's that. My smile became bigger as I fantasied about Karen and Lip having a life together and Lip actually getting out of the South Side and living nicely. 

I shook that thought out of my head because first of all Karen and Lip were seventeen and not even going out with each other. Secondly that would be way way far in the future, if they did have a future together. Last but certainly not least was Ian. I looked up at him and saw that the light from the window was angled just right so it looked like his hair was really on fire.