Chapter 17: A Heartbreaking Experience

Listen to the video while the chapter progresses.
Maddie's POV

My hands nervously shook as I entered Pittsburg children's hospital. Josh followed closely behind me as I entered the elevator. We headed to floor two and I walked nervously to room 215. My black combat boots dragging on the floor as I worried myself.

I stepped to the front of her hospital door and knocked. A nurse came out and saw my face. "Mackenzie, you have a visitor." She smiled.

"I know who it is. I can smell the tacky perfume from across the room. Let her in." Mackenzie said tauntingly.

Seriously?!?? This perfume was 200 dollars!!!! I really want to scream in her face but maybe that's not the best option.

I walked in the room and Josh followed.

I can't believe at this moment what is meeting my eyes in this hospital room. Death. Guilt. Pain. Mackenzie hooked up to many more machines than last time. It's only been one day! I'm so confused and sad, I found myself speechless.

"What? No words? Well I don't blame you. You'll never guess what my concussion has turned into." Mackenzie frowned.

I gulped and held back from sobbing. "What I-is it Mackenzie?" I choked. She turned her head and looked at me at me straight with her big brown eyes. "A severe stage of head damage, in which 95 percent of humans die in the next 5 months." She started crying.

Mackenzie was a caterpillar, a fat one, ready to become a butterfly. She frolicked around until it was time for her to go to the cocoon stage. She was wrapped around...morphing.... Until a reckless child with no care for anything else accidentally stepped right on the cocoon. That child was me.

Mackenzie was a flower...budding....then growing.... Then blooming.... So perfectly...so pretty....until a hungry, jealous dog came and bit her petals away. That dog was me.

Mackenzie was a dancer.... Growing..... Moving.... Turning..... Learning.....until a heartless, jealous, lifeless, coward sister..... Took everything everything away from her.

"Mackenzie, I'm sorry!" I yelled. I just stood there and cried cried cried.

"MADDIE!!! YOU STAND HERE AND CRY THINKING I WILL FORGIVE YOU FOR BASICALLY KILLING ME?!" She screamed. "I HATE YOU MADDIE!!!!" She wailed, mid tears.

I sniffled, still crying, but I spoke to her clearly. "It's ok," I paused. "I hate me too."

(Ignore the last part of the video😂😂😂)