"I don't believe you," I mumbled confidently, still keeping my eyes shut. I knew Lu Han was desperate. He was probably as desperate as I was, only our objectives were total opposites.

The warmth disappeared on my ear and I felt something soft caressing my cheek. Several of my nerves came alive, sending warning signals to my brain. Lu Han was kissing my cheek, for crying out loud.

"You have 5 seconds to open it, Yeon. I'm serious," he said and I could detect no hint of amusement in his voice.

I said nothing, weighing the situation. Is he really going to kiss me if I don't open my eyes? Would I care if he actually does? And worst of all these thoughts, Why am I suddenly feeling all of these crazy emotions again?

"5," Lu Han began counting. "4."

I could feel my heart beating louder and louder with every number ticked off.

"3."

My mind was screaming already and I was so confused.

"2."

To hell with the I-don't-want-to-move-on crap, I'm not kissing anyone! I instantly opened my eyes before he could say one.

"My eyes are ope- " My words got cut off when I suddenly felt Lu Han's soft lips on mine.

My eyes widened in response while every part of my body refused to move. My heart stopped beating and I had suddenly forgotten how to breathe.

For a moment we stayed in that position, and then as if finally realizing what he had just done, Lu Han pulled away so fast I thought he would fall over.

"I am so sorry, Yeon!" he said, stepping backward, his face crimson red, his eyes reflecting horror. "I didn't... I am... Yeon... Sorry!" He couldn't seem to find the right words.

I couldn't blame him. The incident had rendered me speechless as well. I just stood there, gaping at him in shock, my mouth hanging open, sure that my cheeks were blazing with color.

For the next minute, none of us made a move. We were so shocked to even make a sound. All we could do was stare into each other's eyes and wonder what would happen next.

"Lu Han," I said at the same time he said, "Yeon."

We immediately became silent, looking at opposite directions.

Lu Han cleared his throat and on reflex, my head turned to look at him.

I was surprised at the state of Lu Han's face. It was so red, like tomato red. And he looked so uncomfortable that I suddenly felt the need to speak first.

"Lu Han," I said, forcing myself to keep looking at him, whether he'd look at me or not. "Forget it, okay? I know it was an accident."

"How would you know it was an accident?" he immediately responded, whipping his head to look at me.

His answer surprised me. "So you meant it then?"

I couldn't tell which face was redder, mine or his. In any other situation, I would have laughed out loud by now, but with this kind of atmosphere, I couldn't even dare make so much as a noise.

"No, you're right. It was just an accident," Lu Han agreed. "I'm sorry."

I nodded then decided to turn my attention to the setting sun. I desperately needed a distraction because, for some reason, my eyes kept returning to look at Lu Han's lips.

I couldn't decide then if looking away was the right or wrong choice. The magnificence of the setting sun hit me with full force, its colors slowly seeping into my system. All the pent up negative emotions began slipping off one by one, and despite my denial just a few moments ago, I let them.