Between Love & Deception (Chapter 32)

Magsimula sa umpisa

            I smiled, and then slowly started walking towards the front door. For a moment, I felt my hands starting to shake and my heart starting to pound as I lifted my hand and knocked on her door. This was a first date ever, but honestly, I felt like this was the first date I had ever been on in my entire life. I felt like a 16 year old boy that was seriously going on his first date. What in the hell is happening to me?

            Though, I shook off the feeling as the door slightly opened and Beau peaked out from behind. I couldn’t help but smile because I was happy to see him. “Hey little man, is your mom around?”

            He looked at me for a long time, with such a stern look. Suddenly, I felt uncomfortable. Why in the hell is he looking at me like that? And why wouldn’t he talk to me?

            I smiled once again at him, though he kept giving me the same look. I didn't know whether to say anything else or just stay quiet like he was.

            Seconds later, I heard movement from coming up behind him. “Beau, is that Danny?” He voice was so smooth, and sweet, it made me just want to bust through the door and pull her into my arms.

            The door finally opened up wider, and I saw Samantha standing behind Beau looking so beautiful. She wore a white off the shoulder sun dress that showed off her amazing tanned and toned legs, and a pair of nice cowboy boots. She looked amazing, so amazing that I just wanted to skip over the whole date and carry her up the stairs to her room and make love to her all night long. Though, that was totally out of the question.

            “Hey, I know I am a little early but I thought maybe you might be ready.” I said, as I stood there on her front porch, swaying back and forth.

            She looked down at her watch and then looked back at me. “Perfect timing, I am ready. Let me go grab my purse.” Just like that, she turned and walked back inside leaving me standing there with Beau.

            “So are you having a good vacation Beau?” I asked, trying to make conversation.

            He looked up at me, but then quickly looked away. After that, he only nodded. Had I done something wrong to this little boy? I wondered.

            When Samantha finally walked back outside, she turned to Beau and smiled. “Okay, I will be home in a little while and please be good for granny.” Though he didn't say anything to her either. “And Beau? Please cheer up for me while I am gone.”

            Beau looked passed Samantha to me, and looked me straight in the eye. He almost looked like he wanted to bust out in tears.

            Samantha finally stood up and looked at me nervously. “Are you ready?” She asked, with a shaky voice. Hopefully she is just as nervous as I am, I thought.