Anime 101

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

This anime follows the story of two young brothers and their quest to find a way to undo the effects of a failed alchemical transmutation, which they perform in the very beginning of the show

Through their journey, they uncover many hidden truths about their country and discover more about alchemy itself. One aspect of this particular show that I would like to emphasise on, which I think is very well done, is the character development. Since it is anime and one has very little limitation, the character development personality wise is very nicely complimented by the evident change is physical appearances throughout the length of the series. It was smartly incorporated within each episode. It was well planned to the point where we as watchers, don't realise the characters growing and developing in appearance, strength and maturity.

Once, after finishing the series, I stumbled upon a video and noticed the before and after picture of Edward (the protagonist) and my jaw dropped. I literally refused to believe the before picture was from the actual series and had to re-watch the very first episode to check the authenticity, and authentic it was.

Not only that, but the emotions portrayed throughout the anime is unreal. For those of you who are just entering the Anime world, I'd highly recommend you watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood as a starter anime. It'll capture your attention; take over your thoughts with every day passing by. And those once peaceful nights, will turn into late nights spent underneath the blanket sheet desperately trying to squeeze in that one extra episode before sleeping.

Personally, I believe this anime has the ability to create this emotional bond with the audience, due to which it has earned such a loyal fan following.

Number of Episodes:- 64 + ( Alternate versions, movies, side stories )

Status : Completed

This anime is a well-deserved: 9.4/10

Death Note

This anime is yet another very well known and loved one among the lot

This anime is yet another very well known and loved one among the lot. It revolves around a young prodigy, Yagami Light, who finds himself colliding with a Death Note. Now a death note, without trying to give too much away, is essentially a regular notebook with a twist. If you write the name of any person on a paper out of the death note, that person dies.