5

"Master Garroth." His maid chanted at 5 AM in the morning.

Garroth lifted his upper body off the bed and smiled towards his maid with his messy hair and shimmering blue eyes. "Yes Ms.?" He said softly.

"I- I would like to wish you a Happy 11th Birthday sir." She replied with a warm smile.

"That is very much obliged." He said nodding then lifting his covers and exiting from his bed. "I will fix my bed today, no worries madam."

"W-Well Garroth there is much more that I needed to inform you of." She said nervously. "Y-You're father wishes to see you in his chambers.

Garroth could on clench at those words as he thought, "What does he want now? The man only cares for greed and his youngest son. He didn't even care when mother passed."

"Yes, I'll be ready to visit in a few." Is all he could say as he searched through his walk in closet to find his special clothing his father always made him wear when he would visit him, which was not very often.

...

"Garroth you are now old enough to understand the war we are facing yes?" His father said softly as he signed numerous papers in front of him.

"Yes father I am aware." Garroth answered.

"Well there is only one way the lord of Scaleswind and I have found a truce. You and Princess Of Scaleswind are to be married when you come of age. Of course knowing you Garroth you would like to meet her first, so when you turn 15 we will host a welcoming ball for the princess and have a chance to talk things over."

Garroth dumbfounded lowered his head with sadness and said, "Y-Yes father." He understood it was for the greater good of his people, to become lord instead of a knight, fight with other villages to gain power, and even marry a woman he didn't know. But he just couldn't, he met one amazing girl and ever since he was 8 he felt affection towards her. She was all he could really think about, was seeing her again.

Garroth arose from his chair only to hear from his father. "You're brother wishes for a new playmate as well, head to Meteli and adopt him a new friend." Then his father signaled a shoo and Garroth left his fathers office.

He trembled as he slowly pushed himself down the stairs. He had to find a way to escape being married to some dumb Scaleswind princess, He didn't know how though and with that how was he supposed to tell the girl he loved that he had feelings for her, but he can't be with her because he's betrothed? He just didn't know.

When he reached the bottom, he straightened his posture the best he could with his shaking and stumbled toward the back entrance and to the stables, where his brother Zane sat pouting.

"Brother I want my new playmate, the last one was to boring for my taste." He said with a sour smile.

"Just make your way to your carriage little brother, you'll have a new playmate soon." Garroth scowled.

His brother frowned unhappy then Zane huffed out with anger, Garroth always thought he was such a brat.

"Kumo.." Garroth whispered into a stable. There his stallion appeared with his ghostly white figure. "Lets go Kumo." He held the stable open for Kumo to exit then on the side of the door he grabbed a sword in its scabbard. Although he couldn't be a guard he still learned how to use a sword properly in order to protect himself when he wondered off alone or with his brother.

Jumping on his horse he headed toward the gates where a carriage sat with out a horse attached to its front.

"Hurry up Garroth! I do not wish to be bored any longer, I'll surely die of it!" His brother yelled from the window.

"We will be off soon, Is there food in the bags?" Garroth inquired.

"Of course not, we ran out from our last trip to Meteli!" Zane answered.

"Then we will stop by the market."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Hehe sorry not much happened in this chapter but I have big plans! Very big plans. hahaha! And yes the last chapter leads to something much more than what happened in this one, you just have to wait an see. :)

I hope you enjoyed make sure to star this chapter and comment what you think will happen next, you never know you might be right 0-0. Also if you want to see more awesome stories, why don't you become apart of the family by following! I do a majority of other themes and I'm even thinking of making another garmau fiction, tell me what you think of that! Anyways have a nice day my lovelies!

-Beckysan