Chapter 1

-Continuing on-

Mayas POV

"Mommy mommy" Laya said snapping me out of my thoughts. I replied "yes honey"

"Can we please please pleaseee get ice cream" she begged with her a innocent face. "Yeah sure go get your jacket on" I told her, she skipped away in happiness and but on a pink leather jacket. See what I mean. We walk to the car and I strap her in her booster seat.

"Why do I have to sit in this" she asks "for protection once you get a little bigger you wont need it anymore" I smiled she giggled and I went in the font and started the car.

We had gotten out ice cream cones from down town. She ordered cotton candy icream with chocolate chips. I just got a vanilla with just random stuff in it.

We both agreed on walking down town as we were walking we saw a man and a woman arguing. Laya asked "mommy why do people make others sad" her question made me feel sad "sweety sometimes people do it on unintentionally"

She looks at me in confusion "what does that mean" oh yeah i forgot she was six for a minute there. "Oh sorry it means like without knowing"
"Did my daddy hurt you unintenolly" she said, well she tried. "I don't know sweety" I say and hold her hand.

"Why are you breaking up with me" me and Laya hear they are still arguing. Suddenly Laya runs out of my hands and runs up to the arguing couple.

Then she says something that I knew would change our lives "He's hurting you because he's my daddy" she says out. The couples eyes are bugging out if there head once they hear that come out if her mouth. "He did it to my mommy to" she said sadly "but uninenolly" she smiled

I bit my lip in embarrassment. The man let out a chuckle. He looked back at me knowing I'm the mother. I didn't get the persons face clearly but I did get the persons charming green mesmerizing eyes, they looked so familiar. Once I got closer to the person he said "is this beautiful little girl yours" she asked Laya smiled brightly I look her hand and said "yes I'm so sorry" I pleaded. Just as I was close enough to see his face I knew exactly who it was.

"Wait-Maya, Maya Penelope Hart?" He questioned. I answered "Lucas friar" I said with hurt, anger, but happiness. "You haven't changed a bit" she said looking me up and down in pleasure. My head was swarming with these mixed
Emotions that got the best of me. "And who is this little one" she asked picking up Laya. "I'm Laya Hart" she said with her chin up. I chuckled a little at her confidence. I originally put her full name as Laya Friar Hart in her birth certificate, but who would know that right? "Well hi there Laya me and your mom here used to be the best friends" he said

Oh we used to be more than that I thought.

"What changed" she asked. She's so curious about things. I looked down at the ground and then looked back up at him. He didn't answer her question. He hesitantly said "um we grew apart-" my emotions took over mostly anger "that's bull shit friar" I yelled. His girlfriend, whatever she is to him stood there in awkwardness. I took Laya out of his arms and started carrying her home. "Mommy why did you say a bad word" she questioned "just don't repeat what i say Laya" I demand.

She nods her head knowing that I was being serious. I put her PJs on her and tucked her in. Kissed her good night and left her in her room to sleep.

Just as I shut her door the door bell rang. I went to answer it to reveal. Riley Matthews. She squealed bringing me in for hug. We hadn't seen each other since
I got my own apartment which was about 4 years ago. I know long time. Her and Farkle were the only ones who knew that Lucas is the father.

I squealed along with her, "oh my god it feels like decades" I say as we are still hugging "I know I know but I need to show you something" she said seriously we stopped hugging and she pulled out her hand. There was a ring.

I screamed but not loud enough to wake up Laya. Riley screamed along just as loud knowing that she was sleep. " I know right Farkle proposed" she squealed. "And, wait for it you going to be my maid of honor" she says jumping up and down like her usual self I joined her in excitement. "I'm so happy for you riles". Say and hug her one last time.

"Okay now enough about me how have you been anything happen lately" she asked

Oh boy the things I need to tell her.

I explained to her everything that happened today."wow" was all she got out in shock. "And he said you guys were just best friends" she asked in Confusion I nodded my head sadly. She pulled me in for a hug. And pulled away worried. I gave her a 'what' face, she said "he didn't notice anything about Laya right?"

I shook my head "no no...well at least i don't thing so" i said questioning my own thoughts.

The door bell rang snapping me and Riley both out of out thoughts. I went to answer it. I opened it to see the one and only, Lucas Friar. I roll my eyes and shut the door until he huts his hand out causing the door to stay in one place. I get annoyed open it fast causing him to almost fall over.

"What do you want ranger ric" I asked in annoyance. He raised his eyebrow "ranger ric?" He questioned.

Just then Riley comes out of no were and sees Lucas. Her eyes widen in horror. She then grabs her bag and says "you know i think I'm gonna go bye Lucas bye Maya" she says and literally runs out.

Lucas points to the running Riley "is that Riley Matthews?" He asked smiling I nod still not wanting to talk to him "she's still her old goofy self huh"

I wanted to laugh but I remembered I was still mad.

"So how old is Laya" he asked
What kind of question?

"Umm 6" i answered back. He nodded his head then I saw the realization come to him. Before he could say anything I said "yes i know I had her at 16" I confessed

His eyes went widened for a minute but then he asked "who's the dad"

Whats with all these questions?

"What do you want friar" I asked not answering his question.

"Never mind ill just go bye" he said and walked out of the apartment building.

That was weird. What does he know?

Little did Laya know that the stranger was actually her father.

What does Lucas know?

What is he thinking?

Whats with all the questions?