Chapter 3: My Wolf

Beginne am Anfang

I was really freaking out now. I had no idea what to do. My pacing picked up and my breaths got shallower and black dots started to appear in my vision. The wolf ran over to me and stood in front of me, forcing me to stop pacing, but I was still breathing hard. I looked him in the eyes again and after a minute of staring my eyes started to fill up with tears and I flung myself at the wolf. Wrapping my arms around the wolf's neck I started to cry.

Burying my face in his soft fur I let it all out. The wolf stood still and let me cry on him. After a few minutes I had calmed down enough to pull away slightly. I still kept my arms round the wolf but I removed my head from his shoulder. Sniffling and hiccupping with red puffy eyes I looked to the wolf again. I don't know why but he made me feel safe and I had an urge to always be around him and to touch him.

He tilted his head to the side slightly and let out a soft whine again. I sighed and looked away before starting to explain, "I can't go home," I started. "He is there and if I come home late and don't have his breakfast ready he will...." I trailed off as I rubbed my hurt arm softly. I felt the wolf stiffen but continued, "I have nowhere to go. No friends and no money, but if I don't come back he will find me and kill me." My eyes started to tear up again and the wolf licked my face softly.

He seemed to think for a second before he gently took my sleeve in his mouth and started to gently tug me out of the cottage. We got outside the sun assaulted my eyes but I ignoring it as I let the wolf pull me along as we entered the trees. The wolf dropped my sleeve but I kept following him. I just had this feeling that he wanted me to follow him and he kept looking back to me to see if I was following him, much like how I was doing last night, so I assumed I was right.

He kept a slow pace as we walked and weaved between the trees, ducked under branches and hopped over roots. We walked and I looked around at my surroundings as we did and realized that this was another part of the forest that I hadn't been to before. I was looking up at the trees when I stumbled on a root. I flung my arms out to catch myself but the wolf had already snatched the back of my shirt and hauled me back to my feet.

I looked at the wolf as he gave me a big lick across my face and I giggled again. I don't know why I keep giggling, I just feel tingly and bubbly when he touches me. Out of impulse I reached out and softly bringing his face over to mine I planted a soft kiss to his cheek. He froze and I continued on walking the way what where going and after a moment he trotted up and stood next me with his tail going haywire. I chuckled at him and we continued to walk.

We had been walking for about an hour when the wolf stood in front of me to get me to stop walking. I looked at him confused then looked around. I didn't see anything except for the normal forest so I looked back at him again but he wasn't looking at me anymore. He was looking off somewhere into the trees with his ears pinned forward. There was another howl but this one seemed really close, too close for my liking.

I gripped a handful of the wolf's fur in my hand and looked towards where the howl had came from. The wolf turned and nudged my hand off of him and ran off into the underbrush. I didn't even try to follow him, I could track him but there was no way I could keep up. I looked off in the direction where he ran and waited for him to come back. Ten minutes went by and he still hadn't returned. I wrapped my arms around myself and forced back the tears. I don't know why I felt so sad that he left me, I just did.

I waited ten more minutes in silence when there was a loud deep growl to my right and my head snapped over to the sound. A huge brown wolf with black spots came out of the bushes with its teeth bared and its eyes glued to me. I was frightened but I kept on a clam face and lowered myself to the ground until I was crouching. The wolf was only slightly taller then me when I was standing but I wanted to do anything I could to seem the least threatening. It growled at me again and crept closer with its body low to the ground.

"I wont do anything," I told the wolf in a soothing voice, "I just got lost. I will be out of your territory as soon as I can."

The wolf seemed to understand me, like the other one did, but this one did not seem to care and only growled louder. I slowly stood up and started to slowly back away from the wolf as it got closer to me. I held my hands in a gesture of peace but the wolf still didn't seem to care. I let a little bit of fear creep into my face as my breathing started to pick up again.

No, not know. I can't have a panic attack now! This is really bad timing. The wolf seemed to notice my sudden change and faltered a little but shook his head and started to approach me faster. I back peddled faster and my breathing got shallower. The muscles in the wolf's back legs bunched up and he launched himself at me with a vicious snarl.

I let out a blood-curdling scream and ducked out of the way of the wolf's teeth but its claws caught my back. There was a tearing sound of my shirt and blood started to drip out of the cuts. They weren't that bad, I have had had much worse, but they were still bleeding. I turned back to the wolf as he launched himself at me again. I wouldn't have enough time to dodge this one so I watched the wolf fly towards me. Right before it made contact a grey blur slammed into the wolf's side and knocked it down and away from me.

The brown wolf went sprawling and skidded on the ground for a second before hopping back to its feet. My wolf stood protectively in front of me as the other wolf looked between us. The other wolf looked confused and looking at my wolf he let out a soft whine. My wolf didn't respond and held his ground. I was still hyperventilating and my knees buckled under me.

My wolf whipped his head back to look at me and sniffed the air. He must have caught a whiff of my blood because he rushed over to me and inspected me closely. He reached my back and let out an angry bark and looked back to the other wof. My eyes fluttered for a second before I passed out.

Another chapter coming soon!! Vote and leave a comment!