Comfortable

The sound of the rain pattering on the roof and dripping down the windows of your house was tuned out by the noise from the television in the living room. You sat cross-legged on the couch, snuggled up in a blanket, eating popcorn as you watched a movie intently, forgetting about the world around you and the storm that was rolling in outside.

It was quiet at your house. Your parents weren't home for the time being and your brother was at university. It had been fairly quiet around the house since he left, but you had another person to fill the void he left behind. And you just happened to invite that person over to watch movies with you and keep you company, but they were running awfully late.

Just as you were wondering where he was, there was a loud knock at the door that jolted your attention from the movie, almost making you spill your popcorn in the process. "What the heck...?" you murmured as you slowly stood up, bringing your bowl of popcorn with you. It was fairly late now and if the visitor was who you thought it was, then he was in for a scolding.

You cautiously peered through a gap in between the blinds covering the window to see none other than the young man in question. Huffing, you opened the door and took a deep breath before bellowing, "Tetsurou! Where have you been?! I've been-"

Without a word, Kuroo barreled past you and into your home before shutting the door, making you squeal with surprise. The chilly wind and the sound of the downpour from outside immediately stopped as the door slammed shut. You stood frozen in place, listening to the sound of panting before turning to face the source.

In front of you stood your boyfriend, breathing heavily as he dropped his bags onto the wooden floor. You soon realized that, like his bags, he was absolutely soaked. His white practice shirt was drenched and its now see-through fabric clung to his muscular torso. His red jacket and sweatpants had turned a darker shade and you could hear dripping as water leaked out of them. As you stood there in shock at seeing his disheveled and soggy appearance, he reached over towards you and grabbed some popcorn out of your bowl.

"Hey, (f/n), how's it going?" Kuroo asked casually, as if nothing was wrong with showing up at his girlfriend's house late and absolutely soaking wet.

You raised an eyebrow at him and watched him munch on popcorn as he gazed at you with his cat-like brown eyes. "Oh, it's going just fine besides the fact that my boyfriend showed up late and looks like he just took a shower with his clothes on!" you growled.

He brushed his wet hair out of his face and let out a long sigh. You could sense that he was clearly disappointed in himself and his situation, so you decided to go a bit easier on him.

"What happened, Tetsurou?" you asked in a gentler tone.

"This little kitty got caught out in the storm-that's what happened," he answered, looking slightly grouchy now as he reached into your bowl and took more popcorn.

"I mean, I totally cooked this popcorn for you so feel free to eat it," you commented sarcastically.

"Thanks," Kuroo responded and took another handful. He knew that you were being sarcastic but he didn't care at this point in time. He was just a hungry, exhausted, soaking wet volleyball player at the moment. You listened intently as he explained what had happened. Apparently, his coach had held him back after practice to talk to him. Then, he'd realized that he'd forgotten his notebook in one of his classes. After he'd walked back across campus to retrieve it-luckily the janitor had found it-he'd ended up missing his ride home, so he had decided to walk instead. His plan to walk was going well... until the downpour of rain started. He had then sprinted to your house, since it was closer, and now, here he was, standing in front of you with water dripping from his clothes.