"Kick It Up A Notch"

If you add a notch to "ㄱ" (Guh) it's becomes "ㅋ" (Kuh, like the "Cu" in "cup") ㄱ=Guh     ㅋ=Kuh

If you add a notch to "ㄷ" (Duh) you get "ㅌ" (Tuh, like the "tou" in "tough")
ㄷ= Duh  ㅌ =Tuh

If you add a notch to "ㅇ"  (Makes no sound unless put at the bottom of a block which I will explain later) then you get "ㅎ" (Huh, like the "Hu" in "hug".  ㅇ=Nothing/ng.     ㅎ= Huh

Last but not least, if you add a notch to "ㅅ" (This makes a "Suh"'sound unless you add it to the end of a block which I will also explain later) you get "ㅈ" (Juh, like the "Ju" in "jungle") and if you add another notch, you get "ㅊ" (Chu, like the "chu" in "Chug")
ㅅ= Suh    ㅈ=Juh      ㅊ=Chu

*Just something to remember, notice how adding a notch to "ㄷ" (Duh) makes "ㅌ" (Tuh) and "ㄱ" (Guh)makes "ㅋ" (Kuh)? Well, adding a notch to the letters just tells you to add more air. To show you what I mean, say "duh duh duh" then say "Tuh Tuh Tuh". See that your not moving your mouth at all to make the sound and your just adding more air? Yeah, just keep that in mind.

Now let's move to the vowels!

Adding a notch to "ㅣ" will make a sound depending on where you put it. If you you add a notch Up front, (Or to the left) it makes an "eo" sound. It really sounds like you're making an "O" sound, but in romanization it's spelled "eo". If you add two notches upfront you get the same sound, but with a "Y" in front, (I'll explain this more in the next chapter). For example, if you pronounced Bts's song "고엽" It's romanized form is
"Goyeob".

If you put the notch far away "ㅏ", (Or to the right) you get an "Ah" sound. Like if you open your mouth and your like "Ah". 

Now if you have two "Trees" together like this, "ㅔ" it makes  an "Eh" sound, like the "Eh" in "egg" or "excited" or "Excellent".  It's romanized form is just "E"

Another pair of "Trees" is this symbol, "ㅐ" Which makes an "Ae" sound, like the "ey" in "Hey" or the "A" in "Amy".

Now moving to the "Brook", If you add a notch to "ㅡ", you get "ㅗ" which makes an "O" sound, like the "O" in "Hello".

If you move the the notch to the bottom, you get "ㅜ" , which makes an "oo" sound, as if you were going to pronounce Bts's Suga's real name, "Yoongi" you would spell it "윤기"