8.) Getting to Know Each Other

Start from the beginning

   “Lets get you inside, okay?” Luke asked. I nodded, take everything, one at a time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I had a long hot shower and changed into a pair of PJ's bottoms that Matt had brought up for me. They were big on me so I had to roll them up at the bottom and waist. I was just about to crawl into  bed, when my stomach growled. Reminding me that I have had nothing to eat in other a day. Huffing I got up and started to make my way down the stairs.

   The pack house was beautiful. The walls were painted a nice pale beige colour. Huge windows let in sunlight, and there was a spiral staircase. All the rooms were upstairs, making me feel safer. The whole house was glowing with happiness and love, so different from my old pack house. 

   My room was just as amazing! The walls were a dark purple, and it was huge! I had a king sized bed and had my own bathroom. I had giant window that I could see the backyard, which had a pool, and into the woods.  

   Making my way down the stairs, I didn't pass by anyone. I walked into the newly updated kitchen and saw that Luke, and Chase were in a deep conversation. They didn't realize that I had walked in the room. I was about to walk out when my stomach growled and the boys heads shot up. Oops. “ I was...um...just...um..” I faltered, unsure on what to say.

   "Hungry?” Supplied Luke, with an eyebrow raised. I gave a nervous chuckle, and nodded my head. Luke just laughed at my awkwardness. He got up from the stool he was sitting on and walked to the cupboard and pulled out some stuff. He started to make something. Chase and I watching his every move. Luke didn't seem to see us as he busied himself. He finally looked up from what he was doing and looked at us with confusion at being watched.

   “What?” Luke asked sounding slightly confused.

   “I think you have burnt, whatever you were making.” I said really amused.

   Lightning fast, he had the pan off the stove as it caught fire. Chase started to laugh. I chuckled lightly. Chase ended up on the ground, his face red, and breathing rapid. I got up from where I was sitting, I had managed to get a stool the farthest from the boys. I still didn't know if I trusted them. But Angelina had said that she trusted them well enough. It was good enough for me, as long as I was a little away from them. At least at first.

   I moved around the surprised Luke, and grabbed some things off the shelves. I fired up the stove. After a couple of minutes I had a whole loaf of french toast done. I started to make cookies. I don't know why but I wanted french toast and cookies, after everything in my life I wanted these things. Sue me. I also figured that the twins liked cookies.

   As I continued in my cooking, I got lost in my thinking, forgetting about Luke and Chase who were watching me. I hummed a tune my mother use to sing me. ( On the side.) Thinking about the words, I realized that it was true. My home is behind. I have the whole world ahead. I could go on many paths, through shadows, to the edge of night. All shall fade in the end.

   My eyes started to water. I really have nothing left. I felt a stray tear slide down my face. I continued working, wiping away the tear and focusing of the task at hand. Cooking was a way for me too forget about everything, if only for a little while. 

   “Chloe, I have something to ask you” Luke's voice wandered into my thoughts, making me jump, and snap my head up to him. I only had time for a quick though before my mind shut down. What's going to happen to me?