Chapter 3

"It was Crestin!" I say. I place my hand over my mouth, hoping it wasn't too loud. I look around my buggie, my eyes are getting more used to the dim light. He kissed my forehead...

For breakfast, Arther took me, Trix, Rena, Crestin and his friends to the Cracker Barrel right off the exit that we took to get to our sight. When we sat at the table, Crestin sat in front of me. I couldn't stop looking at him. But talking to Trix helped me keep him off my mind and not in my eye sight.

When we reached the Circus, Trix and I went to my buggie to hang out and talk and paint nails and girl stuff like that. "So...I saw you looking at my brother at breakfast." Trix said, smiling wildly. "Oh my goodness Trixie! I was just looking around and happened to look at him!" I say. Trix laughed. "Yea well, I'm glad you've finally started to look at him, on accident even. I can tell he's really starting to like you." Trix said, picking up my neon yellow nail polish. I smile, thinking of Addie with that same polish. "I don't think so, were just friends. But he did take me to bed last night, like he carried me out of the tent and put me in my bed." I say, taking my neon pink nail polish. I look at Trix, who is looking at me with a weird look. "What?" I ask. "He put you to bed?" She asks. "Eww! Sicko no! Not like that!" We both laughed. "So, changing the subject my dearest, what do you think you will be getting for Christmas? Anything...special?" She asks. "I don't think so, unless someone will be willing to take me to wall-mart or somewhere to buy a camera. I have the money, but I don't have a ride. Maybe Arther will take me or something." "Maybe...but what will you do with it? I know to take pictures no duh, but what else?" "Well, for starters, I'm going to send pictures to my friends back at the orphanage. But I think it would be cool to take pictures for advertisements or something. You know?" "Mhh...yea......haha maybe you could take pictures of Crestin and put them in a diary and put little hearts around them." We screamed with laughter.

We took turns painting each other's right hand, as most every girl can relate to the hardships of painting the right hand. After we made sure our nails were dry, she found my I-pod and asked if we could listen to it. "Sure, do you have a pair of speakers? It works, or would work better if we could have speakers. That way we wouldn't have to worry about headphones." "Yea, hold on a moment and I will go get them." "Ok." I said as she went out my door. I got a chill from the cold air as the door was opened. I shivered, and stood to turn up my heater.

She came back a minute later with her speakers and sat them on my desk. I hook it up in the jack, and I turn it on. I have tried my best to keep it off so, in times like these, I could use it. I have no computer to charge it, so it has practically a full battery from its misuse. "You pick the first one; make it a good one too." Trix says. I flip through the cd covers and I find Bruno Mars. I smile and pick 'Grenade'. It starts, and Trix smiles. I was afraid she wouldn't like it, because she might not be used to American music. But she seems to like it, and we laugh. "I like it. Who sings it?" She asks. "Bruno Mars. Funny, M. Bruno...Bruno Mars." I say. We laugh. We take time to listen to the lyrics. "Aww, it's kind of sweet. I like it when he says ill catch a grenade fo' ya." She says. I smile. "Yea, so are you the type that wants to see what all can be heard or stay on one song and then change it?" I ask. "Haha, stay on one song and then change." I nod my head. "Ahh, you're my type of girl. I like to listen to one song and then change it."

We listen to Taylor swift, not necessarily my favorite, but also the music to Twilight, New Moon, Prom Night, Bing Crosby for the Christmas effect, Elvis (for the fun of it),Journey, Coldplay, The Beatles, and then, for the big finish, I let the I-pod pick the next song from random. It picks a song I haven't listened to in a while, and I thought I had taken it off. The song is Viva la Vida instrumental from Coldplay. I stop breathing for a moment, remembering why I wanted it off. I get tears instantly, remembering it from my father's funeral when they showed pictures and put together a video of him when he was young and when he was happily with me and mother. I remember Trix is with me and I look at her. She is concerned, and I wipe away my tears and stand. "I think we need to uh...um go to the tent." "We don't have to, I don't have to practice, and I would rather stay in here anyways. You can change the song." I shake my head. "No, we can come back, but we need fresh air." I say. I stop my Ipod and turn to Trix. She is looking at me with concerned eyes. "Are you ok?" she asks. My chin quivers. "Yes." I say, sounding hoarse. She stands and walks to me. " You know what make me feel good? Ice cream! And now it wont melt because it is so cold!" I smile and grab my coat and scarf and Trix does the same.