AA: Apartment Arrest

Start from the beginning

Dad was silent. I could hear him breathing, so I knew he was still there. The room was silent and all I could hear was the shower running.

"Your uncle told me about you and that smart guy. Spencer Reid?" dad finally said.

I chuckled.

"Yeah. I'm at his apartment right now." I said.

"Unlike your uncle, I'm fine with you two being together. You're a grown woman and you have your own mind. You can do whatever you want."

I smiled.

"Uncle Hotch was fine with it after I convinced him I would stay focused on the job."

"Your uncle and his job. If he wasn't dating Beth, I'd swear he'd marry his job at the FBI."

I laughed. Dad did, too.

"That's true." I said. "I better get going. This is going to cost a fortune. Stay safe daddy."

"You, too, Melanie."

"Bye."

"Goodbye."

I hung up, but longed to call again. I needed to know if he was okay when I wasn't talking to him. I needed to know Justin hadn't gotten him. I had to know.

As I sat in the bed, staring down at the sheets, Reid walked in, towel wrapped around his waist. I was surprised to see him. I hadn't heard the shower go off. I guess I just wasn't paying attention.

"You okay, my love?" he asked.

I smiled again. My love. Where'd I find this guy? Oh right! The BAU! He's a genius, duh.

"I'm fine. I was just talking to my dad." I said.

"How is he?"

"He's fine. He told me that he didn't tell Justin anything, making me wonder how he found out about everything." I said. "It's gonna be a long few days."

"We'll catch him, Mel. Don't worry."

I nodded. I believed that. I was just worried about what he'd do beforehand.

I looked up at Reid, who looked awkward. I realized he was waiting for me to leave so that he could get dressed. I laughed and got up on my knees, the blankets fell to the bed.

I walked to the end of the bed and wrapped my arms around Reid's neck and pulled him for a kiss. Once I pulled away, I noticed he was blushing. I laughed and got up.

"I'm gonna go get a shower, 'kay?" I said.

"Okay."

I jumped off the bed and went to the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I turned on the water, which turned hot immediately since Reid just got out.

I pulled off my clothes and climbed in, letting the hot water run over me, washing away all my worries and fears. For a second, I was relaxed. I was glad I could have a few minutes without stress or worry.

I stood in the shower for about 2 or 3 minutes just letting my worries wash away before finally turning the water off and getting out. I grabbed a towel and used it to dry my hair a bit and them got another to wrap around my body.

I exited the bathroom and walked back to Reid's room. I stopped outside his door.

"You still in there?" I asked.

"Yeah." he replied.

"You still getting changed."

"Almost done."