AA: Apartment Arrest

"Hey love birds. Wake up."

Reid and I looked up at Morgan. What the hell?

"Morgan, how the hell did you get into my apartment?" Reid asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"I know how to pick a lock. It would've been a lot easier if you opened the door." Morgan replied.

"We were sleeping." I said. "What are you even doing here? What time is it?"

"7:00. Hotch called."

I sat up quickly, fully awake.

"What'd he say? Are they okay?" I asked. "Is dad okay?"

"They're all fine. They have the local police watching his building as well as either JJ, Rossi, Blake and him staying there every night, making sure no one breaks in." he said. "There is currently no sign of Justin and, since the biggest threat is on you, Hotch says he wants you to stay here with Reid until Justin's caught."

I sprang up in the bed.

"What?! That's not fair! I want to help find him!" I exclaimed.

"Honestly, Mel, I agree with your uncle. It's too dangerous for you to be out there right now with Justin out to get you." Morgan said.

"Me, too. You'd be much safer here with me." Reid said, now sitting up.

"You're as much as a victim as I am, Reid. If he breaks in or anything, you'll be first, just to break my heart." I said.

"You're forgetting that there are two guns in this house right now. He breaks in, he'll be dead in three seconds flat."

I sighed and lied back. I was defeated. Looks like I was spending the next few days in Reid's apartment with him. Not exactly the "quality time" I was thinking of, but hey, better than nothing, right?

"Oh, and your dad wants you to call him." Morgan said before leaving.

I shot up in the bed again and watching as he left, wishing my stupid voice would work.

"Hello?" answered Sean Hotchner.

Reid had gotten up a few minutes ago to grab a shower. I decided to call my dad to let him know I was okay.

"Daddy?" I said.

"Melanie? Sweetheart, where are you? Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine. I'm still in Virginia, at Reid's apartment. I've been put under house arrest. Er, apartment arrest. Reid's looking after me." I said. "Are you okay, daddy? Has Justin made any contact with you?"

"He called me a few weeks ago and asked if you were home. I told him no, but that was it. I could tell there was something...off about him. I don't know what it was. I hung up on him. I haven't heard anything since."

I put my arm on my knee, my hand on my forehead and took a tuff of hair in my hand as I sighed. So how the hell did he find out about me? About us?

"He knows I'm here, daddy. He knows about Quantico and the FBI. He knows I'm here."

There was silence.

"Sweetie, I didn't tell him. I swear." he said.

"I believe you, dad. I'm just scared about everyone's safty. We don't know where he is or who's his next victim." I said. "Just, promise me you'll stay safe, okay? Don't leave unless you have to, and if you do leave, please take someone with you. A cop, Uncle Hotch, anyone. Just stay safe, please."

"I will, sweetheart. I promise."

I nodded and bit my lip. My life was a mess right now and I hated it. It was horrible.