A Technical Analyst and a Smart Girl

*Garcia's POV*

You don't need to be a profiler or a genius (or a Reid) to know that Reid and Mel had feelings for each other. It was pretty obvious. But the two were doing their best to hide it, which wasn't working.

I was doing some searching on our poor little victims in our new case when Mel walked in.

"Hey there Baby Cakes." she said.

"Why hello there Hot Stuff." I replied. We both looked at each other and laughed.

"Anyways. Did you find anything?" she asked, sitting next to me.

"Nothing more than you did. The biggest if not only thing that connects these kids are the fact that their parents are divorced." I said.

Mel sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Let's take a different approach." she said, leaning past me and typing in a name on the computer. "Mr. Simpson, name, Matthew. He was a doctor and the only thing bad about him was the fact that he cheated on his wife."

A picture of a man with black, graying, hair and light brown eyes. He looked kind. Hard to believe that he cheated.

I thought of something.

"What if the reason why each divorce happened-"

"-was because of cheating!" Mel finished.

We looked at other. I jumped for the keyboard.

"Our next victim, what was his name?" I asked.

"Marcus. Marcus Henderson." Mel replied.

I quickly typed the name and up popped a picture of Marcus and his info. I clicked his parents' names and up popped there info.

"Okay. Let's see here. Harley and Nancy Henderson. They were high school sweethearts, dated from freshman to senior year. During senior year, Harley got Nancy preggers. The two got married briefly after." I read off the screen.

"Six years later, he's cheating on Nancy with a waitress at a hotel he goes to when he goes on buisness trips." Mel finished.

"That's two for two. Wanna go for three?"

"Let's do it."

Mel reached past me and typed "Flynn Lynch". Up popped the picture of little Flynn and his info. Mel clicked his parents' names.

"Finn and Lynn. Now we know where he got his name." Mel said. "They never were married, but they were engaged. Lynn broke it off when she and Flynn came home to find Finn with another woman who he had been presumably seeing for most of their engagement."

"Let's go four for four." I said and took back over the keyboard. "Already know that Mr and Mrs. Gregory are divorced."

"If they got divorced due to cheating, we have our UnSub's possible stressor." Mel finished.

"Oh, you are so good at this job, my sweet. It is obvious that you're Hotch's child."

Mel smiled proudly. The minute I had Darren and Alexis' Gregory's info up, she jumped and started reading.

"Look at this. Alexis is actually Darren's second wife. He and his first wife divorced for the same reason he and Alexis got divorced." she said.

"Cheating." I said. "Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner."

Mel didn't reply. I looked over at her. She was unfocused, staring at the floor. I leaned over and clapped my hands. She jumped.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Fine." she replied. "Yeah, I'm fine."

I was going to say something else, but she got up before I did.

"Let's go tell the team."

*Mel's POV*

"Cheating. Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner." said Garcia.

The thought of the four couples breaking up due to cheating made my so called "gift" take effect. I was seeing what Flynn saw when he and his mother got home that one day and seen his father with another woman. It made me think of my dreams. My nightmares.

I heard a loud noise and snapped back to reality.

"You okay?" Garcia asked.

"Fine." I replied, still kind of out of it. "Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go tell the team."

I got up and left, luckily dropping the topic. Garcia followed closely behind me. Morgan, JJ, Blake and Reid were in the confrence room, looking at our board of evidence.

"All the parents divorced because of cheating!" I said when I walked in.

"What?" asked Reid.

"Each child's parent divorced because the man cheated." Garcia explained. "We did our research, so, what we're thinking is-"

"-the UnSub kidnaps kids who's parents are divorced because of cheating." I finished. "Our UnSub's parents must've gotten divorced because the father must've cheated-"

"Making that his stressor!" Reid finished.

"Exactly."

"So, what about the killings?" Morgan asked.

"I'll look into that more, but for now, let's focus on what we have." Garcia said.

Just then, Uncle Hotch walked in.

"The morgue has Jared's autopsy. Mel and I will go down an check it out." he said. "We have a profile to give tomorrow, so whatever we can figure out from this mint give us some idea of what we're looking for. Let's go Mel."

I turned onto the rest of the team, shrugged and followed my Uncle out of the conference room and down to the black SUV. I climbed in, buckled up, and we were off.

---------------------

"Killing is not so easy as the innocent believe." -JK Rowling