"Before The Storm..."

Start from the beginning

"God if your hearing me, I want to say that I'm sorry". I sighed.

"I was stupid for every laying down with that man, it was the biggest mistake I ever made and I'm so sorry".

" ...But please don't let him take anybody else from me".

"The people he...harmed...had nothing to do with what we had". I spoke remembering Stacey and Chresanto.

"Please just leave him to me, don't let him hurt anybody else...please".

"Amen". I finished.

"Amen indeed". I jumped at the sudden voice.

"I had to pray daddy". I chuckled.

"Why you up so late?". He asked, taking a seat on the kitchen stool.

"I had a bad dream".

"About what?". He questioned.

"...Him". I answered and kept my head low.

"I don't know what to tell you other than to just hope for the best". He sighed.

"You know you were wrong right?".

"I know daddy". I confessed.

"But everything happens for a reason sweetheart, don't let him make you go crazy". He said and got up.

"Things will be better". He kissed my head and went back up the stairs.

"Oh one more thing". He said.

"Yeah?".

"You know I got my Taurus in my closet right? We can always go look for him and bus' a cap in his a-".

"Okay daddy, I get it". I giggled.

"Alright, if you say so". He said and went upstairs.

~~~

I sat quietly beside Jessica's hospital bed, watching her rest. Thankfully, she was able to pull through from the horrible beating. She had a few bruises here and there but her main injury was her head, to what the doctors are saying, she must have fell and hit her head against something hard which resulted in her be coming unconscious.

Daniel really out did himself this time, this just shows how far he'll go just to get what he wants.

"Ugh...". Jessica groaned and slightly shifted.

"Shhh...". I shushed.

"How you feeling?". I asked as soon as I saw her eyes flutter open.

"Fucked up". She said lowly.

"You'll get better". I sighed.

"I just can't wait til our plan becomes full proof and Daniel gets captured". I hissed in excitement.

"Then he can finally get the help he needs".

"Yeah about that...". She said and slowly sat up.

She looked at me silently, creating a long pause.