Car Keys (Tony)

Unamused with Tony, you thrust your hand in the bag, picking out the first thing you grab. A car key.

You look at the black plastic; four interlocking silver circles embellish the side.
"Those would be mine. I thought about what object could possible signify me, the humanitarian playboy philanthropist, and what better than the key to my stunning Audi R8?" Tony brags.
You roll your eyes at him.

"Let's get this over with." You sigh, heading toward the cupboard.
"Hey, hey, hey! Don't be like that, this'll be fun!" The glint in his eye suggested it might be for him, but most likely not for you.
"Clint, be a buddy, lock us in and time us." Tony asks, standing in the doorway of the closet. "But if the rooms-a-rockin', don't come knocking!"
"How can a room rock?" You ask, scoffing at him.
"It's an expression, love." He turns to you, the door closing behind him and sealing your fate.
Surprisingly, Tony doesn't thrust himself at you, barbarically, as the door locks you in, preventing you from running away from him. Instead, he stands slightly awkwardly.

"You don't like me, do you?" He asks, timidly.
"It's not that I don't like you, it's just you're a bit of a narcissistic jerk, that's all." Your tone is slightly jokey, but you still meant it.
"Wow, don't worry about sparing my feelings." He laughs. "You see, this is why I like you. You tell it to me how it is, you don't sugar coat anything."
"That's something I can do well." You agree.
You both laugh slightly, then Tony looks at you seriously.
"I meant that." He speaks softly.
You send him a baffled look and he elaborates.
"It's one of the many, many, reasons why I like you." He confesses, putting emphasis on 'many'.
When you still stare at him with a furrowed brow he repeats his last 3 words.
"I like you."

Eventually, like a tiny lightbulb clicking on and illuminating the very cerebral fibre that was previously dark and muddled, you see clearly what he was saying. It was suddenly so obvious and you felt stupid for not getting at what he was trying to admit to you.

Your facial expressions hadn't quite caught up to the speed in which your brain was whirring through all the thoughts and concerns, leaving you still looking as equally dumbfounded.
Your eyebrows furrowed, eyes slightly squinted, and mouth hanging ajar; you looked like the definition of 'bewildered'.

"Oh, fuck it." Tony grunts, grabbing your waist and stealing your slightly open mouth. His lips moved against yours, and your daze shattered, leaving you in the reality of what was happening. His lips were rough but experienced and you couldn't help but melt at his touch.

You kissed him back. Of course you did! He was pretty hot after all, no matter how full of himself he was.

You pull away and he looks at you, his eyes seemingly pleading.
"I'm sorry I can be a jerk sometimes."
You give him the 'really?' look and he caves in. "Fine, fine, most of the time! But that's besides the point! I really like you, and I thought I'd made it obvious!"
"I had no clue. How did you make it obvious?"
"I flirted with you.. Like, a lot!"
"Pfft! Tony you flirt with anyone over 18 with a pair of breasts!"
"I do not!" He defends himself. "I've dated flat-chested women before!"
"You're unbelievable." You half laugh-half shout.
"It's different with you! I flirt differently! That's how you can tell." He seems exasperated by this point.
"I just assumed you were giving me the same treatment as every other female on the planet."
"No.. I've actually stopped flirting with other girls so much lately." He mumbles.
"Oh? And why is that?" There's a tone of sarcasm in your voice but you're still finding the whole situation hilarious.
"Because they're not you." He looks like an scolded puppy as he looks up through his eyelashes and the smirk drops from your face. "I've never felt this way about anyone. That's probably why I've been a jackass! I just don't know how to act around you, how to impress you."
"Not being a jackass would help." You chuckle and he smiles back at you, glad you're not angry. "Just be you, Tony."
"Can I have another chance?" He grins, knowing he's already won.
You give a nod followed by a cautious "yes."
He brushes his lips against yours, this time being more reserved, and when he pulls away he mumbles a "thank you."

As you're standing, Tony still embracing you, Clint opens the door slightly without looking in.
"You guys decent?" He asks.
Tony reluctantly unwraps his arms from around you, pulling the door open.
"Seriously Clint! What do you think we are?" Tony mocks offence.
"Uh well you're a playboy and I've never seen you fail at seducing a girl, so.." Clint states.
"No, (y/n)'s not like that." Tony defends you.
You push past them and return to your seat.
"So you didn't get some action?" Clint asks, confused.
"We had a very in-depth discussion about my narcissism." Tony explains.
"So you didn't seduce her?" Clint asks, seeming even more confused, if that was possible.

Tony paused for a second, glancing over at you sipping your drink. He looks around at the guys waiting intently for his verdict. He steps into the middle of them and opens his arms wide.

"Of course I did; I'm freaking Iron Man!"