Chapter 12 - Fight and Flight

Start from the beginning

            "Ok. I'm sorry." He sat down on the sofa and pulled me down next to him. "So what do you want to talk about?"

            "What's my birthday present?" I asked sweetly.

            "I'm not telling you!" He laughed and ruffled my hair in an annoying way.

            "Oh why not?! I really wanna know!" I whined.

            "Look your birthday is next Saturday. If you don't shut up about it, I won't give it to you until after our Quidditch match against Slytherin." He warned jokingly.

            "When is the match?"

            "Half three."

            "Oh please can't you just give it to me now?"

            "No! Now drop it!" I shut up and moved closer to Fred and he put his arm around me. "Tired?"

            "Kinda, but not that much." I said and stretched.

            "Do you wanna go to bed?" He asked and winked at me.

            "No your ok." I said patting his chest chuckling and he pretended to look upset.

            "Fine. Lie down and I'll be back in a minute." I was worried as he ran upstairs. Five minutes later he returned with his blanket and was wearing some baggy shorts and t-shirt and I assumed they were his pj's. "Right scoot up." He said and I shuffled along until I was leaning against the arm of the sofa and he put the blanket over us. "Aren't you uncomfortable in the jeans and jumper?" He asked.

            "I'll quickly change then." I said and ran upstairs and changed into my shorts and tank top. When I got back downstairs I couldn't see Fred. "Er Fred?" I walked over to the sofa and looked around it. "Fred where the hell are you?"

            "BOO!" He shouted behind me and I jumped a mile high and screamed.

            "FRED! What was that for?!" I shouted and punched him in the arm.

            "Ow! I thought it would be funny!" He whined and sat on the sofa pulling me down with him.

            "Well you scared me." I complained and pulled the blanket over us. There was a tapping at the window and my owl was sitting on the window ledge. "You get it."

            "You get it. It's your owl." He complained.

            "But you’re the man."

            "So?" He scoffed.

            "Please?" I gave him the puppy dog face and he grumbled as he got up and headed towards the window. I smiled and triumph and Fred returned with the letter and Butter Beer flew back out the window, after nibbling my ear affectionately.

            "Here." He handed me the letter and quickly sat under the blanket with me trying to read my letter.

            "Oi! My letter. I read it." I said and moved his face away and read the letter.

"Dear Brooke.

            I know your birthday is next Saturday but I thought it would be easier giving you your present now. DO NOT OPEN IT!" There was a small box on my lap and I began to open it but Fred swiped it out of my hands.

            "You read the letter. You can't open it." He said tapping my nose and put the box in his pocket and tapped my nose with his finger. I grumbled and went back to the letter.