~Chapter Thirty-One~ The Silver Dagger

Tony ran through the trees, Chase, Vinny, and Theo following close behind him. "How do you know where we're going?" Chase gasped, tripping over a tree root. Tony hopped over a fallen tree. "I have a gut feeling." He replied.

They ran for another minute before Tony crashed through a bush and turned his brakes on. "Stop!" He yelled over his shoulder. Chase pulled to a stop behind him, followed by Theo and Vinny. They were all panting.

"Did...we...find...it?" Vinny gasped between breaths. Tony nodded slightly. "I believe we have."

"How do you know?" Theo asked. "Because they're here." Tony whispered.

Theo peered over his shoulder and widened his eyes. "Crap." He muttered.

Sparrow was approaching a women. A women with long red hair and orange streaks.

And, even though they were standing for away, Tony could hear Sparrow.

"Mom?"

***

"Mom!" Sparrow's eyes widened as the women pulled off her mask and sunglasses. Sparrow's mom nodded her head and mouthed the word "run".

Sparrow looked back at Tiquail, her friends, and her father, who were all staring at her with wide eyes. Then she looked at her mom. She shook her head violently. "I'm not leaving you." She said stubbornly.

Sparrow's mom smiled sadly and walked up to Sparrow slowly, tears glistening in her eyes-eyes that could have very easily been a reflection of her daughter.

"You have to run." She whispered. "Or I'll have to kill you."

Sparrow swallowed. "You wouldn't do that." She said, trying to keep her voice steady.

Marielle raised a hand to touch to Sparrow's face. When her fingers were an inch away from her daughter's cheek, two men came crashing through the bushes, weapons held at the ready.

They froze when they saw Sparrow and Marielle so close.

Within striking distance.

Alex smiled. He pulled his sunglasses off of his face and watched Marielle, his eyes narrowed.

Marielle leaned closer to Sparrow. "You need to run. Now." She hissed. Sparrow glared over her mother's shoulder at Alex and the man next to him, who she didn't know the name of. "I've taken him once. I can take him again." She growled.

"Sparrow it's not them. It's me." Marielle said urgently.

"You would never hurt me."
"No, Sparrow. You would never hurt me."
"But-"
"You need to leave."
"Mom-"
"Now!"

"SPARROW!" Tony's voice came from the trees. He burst out, followed by Chase, Theo, and Vinny. Tiquail shot the four of them a look.

I'll talk to you later.

"SPARROW, PLEASE!" Tony's voice was frantic, terrified. It certainly did not possess the usual level of control.

He sounded like he was in physical pain.
He sounded anguished.

"Tony..." Sparrow shot him a sad look. "I...I don't know if I can."

Tony stared at her like she was insane. Being honest, she probably was insane. She didn't realize it at the time.

"DO IT MARIELLE!" Alex shouted, his eyes dancing with a manic fire.

Marielle's eyes traveled over Sparrow, trying to remember everything about her. She wanted to remember her as the way she was.