Being the Bad Boys Neighbor [10]

It's been a few days since Landon told me about his sister and he seems so much more open with me and he's so affectionate lately too. As for Colton he's slowly opening up more to me and it's hard not to notice the way he looks at James. Every time I ask him about it he always denies it, it's kind of amusing. We were all sitting in the living room bored, mindlessly watching TV. It was about seven O'clock at night, when we heard the door open. Jenny and I make eye contact, I guess we're the only ones who heard it. Jenny nudges Connor and whispers something in his ear. He nods kissing her forehead and heading towards the front door. Connor came back looking uneasy.

"Uh, Aves there's someone at the door who wants to see you." My eyebrows furrow but I get up nonetheless and head to the front door.

"Dad?"

"Avery," My father smiles coming closer hugging me, "It's been too long."

"Who's fault is that?"

My father has an uneasy look on his face. "Avery, I know it's been difficult for you and your brother being here alone all the time, but I have to work."

I nod. "I know, I just wish we'd see you more."

My dad smiles. "I know, darling. I know." He kisses my forehead and goes into the living room to go say 'hi' to Colton and be surprised that Jenny's back home and has been for so long.

I go into the room, and watch as the family reconnects after being separated for such a long time, and yet we're still missing the key piece of the puzzle. Just as I was thinking of the missing piece there's another ring of the doorbell, I go to answer it so that the rest of the family isn't disturbed. When I open the door, I nearly burst into tears like a small child.

"M-mommy." She takes me into her arms, I hadn't realized how much I'd missed her until I'd seen her beautiful aged face in person.

"Oh, baby," She murmurs softly into my ear, and rubs my back.

"I missed you so much," I sob into her shoulder.

Once I finally got my bearings back I let her inside the house and I take her bags following her inside. I see Jenny and Colton look like they're about to cry. Finally, in I don't know how long the family is finally all together again, and we're a whole, with a few more pieces.

I go and sit next to Landon as we watch the family reconnect and talk about things one-another had missed in each others lives.

"How're you holding up, princess?" Landon asks, peering in my face.

"Surprisingly well... You'd think that since it's been so long everything'd be awkward and uncomfortable, but our family falls right back into routine so quickly. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed my mother until I saw her standing there, right in front of me."

"I'm glad," he murmurs kissing my temple. We sit and watch as Connor and Jenny sit uncomfortably as they get drilled on their relationship and I can't help but laugh softly. Jenny looks at her and her eyes narrow, and her devious nature is there and she smirks in my direction. This can't be good.

"Mom, have you realized that your other daughter, Avery has a boyfriend as well, and they've been dating much longer than Connor and I."

I give her a deadly glare as mom turns and begins interrogating us.

"Oh you guys are just so cute! How long have you been dating? Have you fought? Have you guys had sex? Young lady you better not have done that with this boy." My mother rushed out.

"No mom, I haven't had sex with him. And a few weeks. And yes we've fought but every couple has their ups and downs." I answer all her questions while Landon looks shocked. He must never have never met a person so brazen as my mother.

Well, we should go and lie down. It's rather late and we can catch up some more tomorrow." I say standing up and so does my mother and Landon.

"Yes you're right, dear." She kissed my forehead before saying. "I love you. Sweet dreams." And then Landon and I go up to my room.

•••
It's been months since mom and dad got back and they told us they weren't going to be leaving for so long anymore. We were a family and we were going to damn well act like one. My mothers words not mine.

Yes, Landon and I are still going strong. Jenny and Connor left back for Florida. That was heart breaking but I knew I'd see them soon.

Landon and I are the talk of the entire school. At first they couldn't believe that Landon and I were together but soon everyone got used to it and his stupid sluts have left me alone for the most part. We can't walk down the hall without people stealing glances at us or just full on stealing. I personally hate the attention but I can tell Landon is reveling in it.

•••

It's graduation. Landon and I have been dating for two years now. We've got into the same college and it's amazing. I couldn't be happier.

The ceremony is over and I'm standing with my family and Landon's family comes over to us.

"We did it!" I say wrapping my arms around his neck and he picks me up hugging me. We spin before he sets me back on the ground.

"Now, my parents and your parents didn't want me to do this because they thought it'd put too much pressure on us but I don't want to wait." He gets down on to one knee and gasp.

"Will you Avery Charlene Eliza Goodman, why is you name so long? Never mind. Will you, Avery Charlene Eliza Goodman marry me?" He opens the box to reveal a simple silver ring with one diamond on it, but it was a pretty damn big diamond.

"Yes!" I say. He grins and slips the ring on my finger and then hugs me tightly.

Things were going to be perfect as long as I had him by my side.

•••
A big thank you to all of you who stuck by this book even though I'm terrible at updating. Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to continue with your votes and comments and I'm sorry this final chapter took so long to come and I'm sorry if it's not up to par with what you were expecting or what you wanted.

So again thank you all!

-Abi