Being the Bad Boys Neighbor [8]

Landon

After Avery ran out away I felt my heart shatter. I'd just hurt the one girl I loved, but it was to protect her. She has to let me explain. I hurriedly got dressed and went to leave, but I was stopped. "You really fucked up this time." Connor told me and I simply nodded. "But you have to let me go get her." Connor shakes his head. "Jen's going after her, she'll be fine. You should just give her some time. She's hurt." I sigh and leave the bedroom and I know Cindy won't stop me this time. I get in my car and drive home. When I get there I sit in my room waiting to see if she got home alright. Then I finally see her and I let out a breath of relief. 

I watch as she heads inside. Soon I hear a slam, she must've slammed her door shut. There was a pause and I heard her voice through her open window. "Why would he do this to me?" She sobbed. Then I got a glimpse of her beautiful face as she closed the blinds. Then the curtains closed and and I heard her cry into the night until it stopped and I could only assume she fell asleep. I sigh as my eyes watered. I'll never get her back after this, never. That thought alone made me break down into sobs. 

The next day I went to her house and knocked. "You need to leave." Jenny tells me as Connor comes up behind her. "I need to see her, please. I need to explain." Jenny shakes her head. "She's not even letting me in. She's not eating." My heart shatters, I did that to her? "You should just go." I sigh in defeat and head back to me house. I sit by my window and listen for her. "It was all just really quiet, her voice was muffled. Then it was quiet. I heard a car approach and I see it park in her driveway and a guy get out of the car and Jenny embraces him before letting him in. 

I hear shuffling and then a deep voice and her talking. Who is that guy with her? I went back over there and knocked but no one answered so I sat there by the door until someone would have to open it. I felt so tired, I hadn't slept in so long it felt. Then the door opened and I saw her. She looked gorgeous as ever. I gave her a weak smile, then I saw the guy besides her and frowned. Did she replace me already? "Lan?" My heart broke. "Don't call me that." I pleaded. "Lan, what're you doing?" I wanted to cry so badly. "Ty, Connor, put Lan in my room." She said and I felt my heart swell. 

Connor and 'Ty' laid me in the Avery's bed. "I'll keep an eye on him, go get Avery that ice cream, she needs to get out of the house." 'Ty' nods and leaves the room and Connor looks at me and sits in her beanbag. I buried my face in her pillow, sheets, blanket, and whatever else I could. It smelled like her, and I missed it so much. I held her pillow to my face and sobbed quietly. 

"Landon, what happened?" Connor asks softly. "Cindy blackmailed me into sleeping with her." I said softly and Connor was quiet. "What does she have on you?" I sighed. "She slept with Colton and he told her all about Avery's problems. She told me that if I didn't sleep with her she'd tell everyone about it. I did what I thought was best for Avery." Connor nods his eyes narrowing. "Colton's such a prick." Connor seethed. "So will you help me win her back from 'Ty'?" I said and Connor chuckles. "That's her ex-dead-boyfriends twin brother, and as much as Jen hates it, Tyler was there for her pretending to be Jake util she came to terms with his death, and sometimes when she calls him up to help her calm down." 

I stare at him. "So, they're not together?" Connor shakes his head. "But he's the one who got her to eat and shower." I nod and flop backwards onto her pillow. "Will you leave me be now?" I ask and he nods getting up. "I'll help get her back."Connor says and walks out. I nuzzle my face back into her pillow, her smell surrounding me. I loved it, it smells like raspberries mixed with strawberries. My eyes felt so heavy and and soon they fell. 

I woke up to soft stroking of my hair. I open my eyes to see Avery sitting there looking at me and gently stroking my hair. "Baby girl?" I ask softly to see her looking down at me. "Hi." She said softly. "Please you have to listen to me." Landon said sitting up to meet her eye-to-eye. "Cindy, she black mailed me into sleeping with her." I told her, and pleaded her with my eyes believe me. "What did she black mail you with?" She asked me softly. "She slept with someone and they told her everything about you, and she threatened to spill it all, and I didn't want you to have to go through that. Baby if I had another choice I would've done it." I explained and she looked down at me with soft eyes. "You have to believe me. Please." I grasped her hand in mine and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Please, Avery you have to believe me." 

She looked like she she was contemplating it. Please, please, please, please- My inner pleads were cut off by her soft, gentle voice. "Fine, but I swear to god, if you do this again-" I cut her off by grabbing her and holding her to me. "I won't. I swear I won't ever again.  You're all I want, you're all I need."  I told her. She needed to know that I wouldn't do that to her, ever again. I thanked whoever had enough power to sway her into forgiving me. 

We pulled away much to my dismay and she smiled at me softly. "You should sleep. You look so tired." I chuckled before laying down and pulling her down with me. "Only if you stay here with me." She smiled and shook her head, but laid down next to me. She's so perfect, and so so beautiful. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" She smiled softly, that gorgeous blush came up on her cheeks. "Maybe a few times." She said softly. "Maybe I need to go into more depth of how beautiful you are." The blush was slowly getting darker. "You're eyes are the most unique shade of blue I've ever seen. You have the cutest little button nose I've ever seen, and it matches the cute blush that happens all over your cute little cheeks right now." She held her cute little dainty hands over her face. "That also reminds me your hands are the cutest little things ever, with the small dainty fingers-" Avery cut me off. "Stop! Okay, I can't take anymore of that." 

I chuckle at how cute she is. "Okay fine baby girl, just let me see that beautiful face." Her hands move and I can see that her face is deep red color, and I grin. "Shut up and close your eyes." She commanded and I let out a full on laugh, then she smacked my shoulder. "Shut up! Seriously!" She whined, and that made her even more adorable. "Ouch, why are you so violent?" I ask and she giggles. "Kiss it better." I tell her, and she looks at me. "What?" She asks.

"You heard me, kiss it better." She glares and then leans down and gives my shoulder a soft kiss. Then she pulls back and we just kind of gaze at each other. "Ow." I mutter and she scrunches her up her face in that adorably cute way. "What?" She asks. "My lips hurt, kiss them better?" I ask sticking my bottom lip out. She sighed dramatically before placing her soft lips onto mine. This one was long, and passionate. When we pulled back and I pulled her close to me. Her head resting on my shoulder, and soon we both fell asleep.