1

I walked into The Eastern Pennsylvania State Institution with what would be my new friends;I had gone to nursing school with a few of the lady's here  Sarah was standing next to me hugging my arm the entire time.

"So this is it! The moment we've been waiting for, all  those stupid long hours studying have paid off." She said smiling

We walked through the coordinator and already patents were filing in,This facility is suppose to only hold 5,000 patients max. They built Penn so those who needed the help could receive it.. So now I'm here starting my future life as a Nurse.

We gathered together in the cafeteria, all the new hired staff in one room together. The room filled with hundreds of voiced as we all talked to each other at once. Soon the room fell silent as a very handsome man stepped into the room.

"Hello, my name is Charles Bowman; You can call me Mr Bowman or Warden. Thank you for choosing Penn as your opportunity to save lives. Please read the pamphlet we are handing out and if you have any questions don't hesitate to step into my office. Enjoy your new life here at Penn." He said looking me in the eyes

I could feel my cheeks flush as I looked away from his gaze. Sarah nudged me as she realized the warden was still staring at me as he talked to the other staff. We giggled in unison acting like young girls, although i'm just shy of 23. 

"Ladies, I hope you find your life here working at Brooklyn to be a great experience." The warden said smiling at me.

"Oh i'm sure it will be the job of a lifetime." Sarah said

He smiled and nodded at her but he lingered there for a few minutes in silence as her and I stared at each other.

"And you miss..."

"Penny." I said

"Well Penny I hope you enjoy your time here, don't be a stranger if you need anything I'm here to help." he said

And this is how I rode my way into hell.