Ch. 7: First Kiss

~Lunchtime~

Mark's POV:

After we are our lunch, Bree, Autumn, Connor, and I went to the outdoor quad and hung out under a tree for the rest of our lunchtime.

Autumn kept looking down to the ground, disappointed but upset at the same time. "He never mentioned us to Katie?? How could he?" she said, almost yelling. "What if he was trying to start over and get a new reputation?" Connor asked. Autumn looked at him. "WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON?!?!?!?" she yelled. Everyone nearby looked at us. "Dial down your voice," I mumbled to her. "So how was everyone's sleep last night?" Bree asked, I liked that about her sometimes when she would try to change the subject in bad situations.

No one replied to her question but me, "Really well, I dreamed about you," I smiled at her, and we started to cuddle with each other.

Autumn's POV:

When Mark and Bree started to cuddle, I got up and went to another spot. Connor followed me. "Are you okay?" he asked. I wasn't, actually. I was tired of everyone in love, when it was just me, sitting there alone. But I also thought I was just desperate for love, desperate for Jacob. I realized it had been too long since Connor asked me the question, so I decided to not reply. "Are you okay?" he asked again. I sighed. "No," I replied, and then told him what I thought.

"Hey, it's okay, I'll always be here for you." he said. Then he started to lean in towards me. I wanted to back away, but I didn't want to hurt him, so I let it happen. He became my first kiss, actually, and I know it is a little too late for it to be one, but ever since Jacob and I nearly kissed before middle school, I'd been holding back with hanging out with other guys until we got a chance for it to happen again. Now he won't be my first kiss. Oh well. I actually wanted to be his first too, but he's dating Katie now, and one time I'd seen them all over each other once, which made my heart hurt, really hurt.

Author's Note: Hey guys! I hope this chapter isn't too short, but comment if you want them to be longer. :) Stay tuned for chapter 8!! :D Also, thanks for 300 total reads! Wow, 150-200 in 2 days??  That's crazy!! Don't forget to vote and add my story to your reading list if you're enjoying it. :)

~JJ