Chapter One: Heist

~ 10 Years Later ~

I looked forward at the Kingdom. This was it. My biggest heist yet.
About five years ago, my father had taught me how to steal. I know, it's a terrible act, but we needed the supplies and we had no way of getting them.
Now, my father had fallen ill and he wasn't showing any signs of recovery. He needed medicine, medicine that they didn't keep in the village for the villagers. Medicine that they gave to only the highest ranking officials, like the Mad King or Mogar.
Mogar...
He was the commander for the knights. Not only that, but he was also the son of the Mad King. I had always heard stories around the village of how he had slain great beasts with just a sword and helmet. Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, even Creepers. He was able to kill them all off with just a flick of his wrist.
I had heard another story that he was planning to embark on a journey to The End, one of the most, if not the most dangerous dimension to enter. Some people thought he would be able to slay the Ender Dragon, while others believed he couldn't. I guess we'd see when he sets out.
I pulled my dark green hood over my blonde hair. I wrapped my cape a little tighter around myself and left my hiding spot.
The Kingdom was brightly lit to ward away mobs. It wasn't very helpful for myself. I knew Mogar would be making his nightly rounds so I had to be careful not to be spotted.
I reached the wall that surrounded the Kingdom and found footholds to carry me up. I began climbing up the wall, careful not to slip and plummet to the ground.
Once I was at the top, I ducked down. I lifted my head slightly and felt my heart drop.
Mogar was walking around the perimeter. Another knight followed closely at his side. His bright ginger hair stuck out oddly, and he was much bigger than Mogar. I heard a bit of their conversation.
"Michael, are you sure you can make it to The End and do that by yourself. What happens if you end up getting killed? Who'll watch over the Kingdom?" The ginger man asked. He had a fairly deep voice.
So... Mogar's real name was Michael. Interesting...
"I won't, Jack. But, it has to be done. Plus, it'll be one of my most crowning achievements. Imagine... I'll be the one that gets to kill the Ender Dragon!" Mogar... Erm, Michael exclaimed excitedly.
"Alright, stop bragging. What has the King said about this?" Jack asked him.
"Um... He's not too keen about letting me go off on my own. But, when I became commander of the Knights, this is what he agreed for me to go off and do," Michael told him.
Jack just nodded and they were silent. I watched them as they walked further and further away, until I could no longer see them. I stood up and dashed down and around the wall.
I saw a tower and I noticed it led straight down to the ground, inside the wall. I smirked and pulled my bow off of my shoulders and knocked an arrow in it. I aimed and let it fly towards the window. The shattering window made a loud noise, and I really hoped I was far enough from Michael and Jack for them to not hear that.
I backed up and got a good running start before launching myself at the window. I gripped onto the side and hauled myself up and inside the tower.
I picked up my arrow and put it back in it's sling. I searched around the small watch tower, noticing a chest full of arrows, in which I took a few and added them to my sling that was now full of arrows before making my way down the stairs to the ground.
I slipped back outside and dashed about, trying to be as subtle as possible. I passed a few knights that were patrolling with Michael and I hid behind towers and walls for them to pass. So far, so good.
I found myself staring up at the castle and I walked about it, trying to find a way of getting in without making too much noise.
I noticed that if I was very careful and precise, I could climb up the side of the castle and swing myself into one of the many windows.
I began climbing up the wall, being as careful as I possibly could be. The footholds were barely a half an inch deep and o struggled to keep myself up, using my arms more than my legs. My arms screamed for me to let go, being that I'm a hunter and I don't use my arms very much. But I pressed on, ignoring the growing and hot pain in my arm.
Suddenly my foot slipped and I felt myself begin to fall. I held onto the side of the castle with all my strength and tried to find the foothold again as I dangled precariously about fifty feet in the air.
I looked around frantically and to my relief found one of the poles that held up one of the many flags up and I counted down from three before I jumped.
Once I reached one, I launched myself to the pole, wrapping my hands around it and swinging myself into the window.
I shattered it when I collided with it. I heard a loud gasp. I picked myself up and quickly pulled out my bow and knocked an arrow.
"Give me all your medicines. Now. Or else you will have an arrow in your head," I growled.
The woman quickly ran about, gathering liquids and herbs. She put them gently into a backpack and handed it to me.
"Thank you, madam," I smiled respectfully. Just because I stole her medicines and threatened her death doesn't mean I shouldn't be polite.
I jumped back out the window, quickly realizing what a bad idea it was. Alas, I was alright. I landed a little harder on my ankle then I intended but I tucked and rolled safely in the ground.
When I stood up, I realized the pain in my ankle was a bit more than I thought and I realized I could've easily broken it.
I suddenly heard a scream. The woman. God bloody dammit! I heard the battle cry Michael makes when leading his knights into battle and I knew I had to haul ass to get out of here in time.
I gathered myself up and dashed away, feeling the pain in my ankle turn to a light throbbing as adrenaline pumped through my body.
I reached the wall and began scaling it like I did before. My ankle slowed me down a bit. I had a feeling by the end of this, it was gonna be broken if it wasn't already.
I forgot I had no way of getting down off of the wall after this. I could climb down, but by then Michael and his knights will find me and two hard falls in one night wasn't exactly what the doctor prescribed.
I heard the galloping of horses and I knew I was about to be screwed. I readjusted the pack on my shoulder and prepared myself to be shot at and took one last look down toward the ground.
My heart lifted when I saw Ray, one of my best friends, down there on his horse, Rose. I waved down to him and he gestured for me to hurry up. Oh, how was I gonna repay him for this.
I heard Michael shout to his knights that I was up on the wall. He was riding his horse, Topaz. He looked absolutely incredible and fearless in that moment and I felt myself making unexpected eye contact with him.
His eyes showed nothing but fury. A sharp breeze blew and my hood fell to my shoulders, revealing my blonde hair. I knew Michael would take note of this. He always takes note of physical characteristics of criminals.
I turned my back from them, my cape whipping behind me as I leaped down from the wall.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:
I just realized it's possible for the Achievement Hunters to get annoying after hours of listening to them make fun of each other and laugh.
Hehe, anyway, thank you so much for reading. I really appreciate the attention this story is getting. So please leave feedback on this story and I guess that's it! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!