Chapter 1:Intern

“BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEE-“   Andrea slapped her alarm clocks shut off button that always drove her crazy. She wondered why she even needed it. She rolled over on a bunch of books, notebooks, pens, stray paper balls, and saw the reason why. Staying up all night studying and doing work at the same time tired some people out. Andrea was no exception. She was happy she didn’t have any class today, but she still got up anyway to start her day. She went to her bathroom, showered, moisturized her skin, her natural scent was a sweet blend of brown sugar and cinnamon.

Andrea threw on some workout clothes, packed and grabbed her duffel bag and her phone and headed out to the gym. A workout was much needed and today was the perfect day to do it since she had nothing else to do.

Andrea got there and signed in using her membership card and got busy. A good 2 ½ hours was good enough for her, she already had broken a sweat and was done for the day. Her phone rang and her worst nightmare was coming true. “Oh, no!” she said to herself looking at the name that was popping up on her screen; Kyra, her older and annoying sister. Reluctantly, she answered it just in case in was an emergency.

“Good morning baby sister!” Kyra sang into the phone as if she was calling for a good reason.

“Hey Kyrie, how can I help you this morning?” her tone getting straight to the point. Kyra’s tone changed as well “you got class at all today?” Andrea thought about lying, she did still have a paper to finish.

“No but I have a paper to finish that’s due tomorrow why what’s wrong?”

“I need you to stop by my house real quick, no work, just need to tell you something”. Andrea twisted her lips to the side, but she gave in “What time?”

“Right now, oh and could you bring me some coffee, please?”

Andrea smacked her lips with an attitude, “you have a coffee maker”

“It’s broke, see you in 10” and she hung up just like that. Andrea couldn’t hide she was irritated now that her day off was completely ruined because she knew when Kyra called Kyra wanted something so now the day begins.

 ***

   Andrea thanked her common sense she always brought a set of extra clothes to the gym, she changed at the gym then headed straight for Kyra’s house right after stopping at McDonalds for Kyra’s coffee. 

What the hell she got to say to me that couldn’t be said over the phone?

 She said pretty upset that she had to drive all this way for probably was nothing. She pulled in her driveway, locked her key, and used her spare keys to get in. She made her way to her sister’s office and could clearly hear she was on the phone. She knocked on the door, “Come on in!” her sister hollered.

Andréa walked in, Kyra gave her the “hang on a second” gesture so she took a seat. Literally in a second, Kyra was off the phone.

 Kyra: Angel!

Andrea: What you want Kyra? If I don’t have to work your ruining the time I do have to myself, I still have a paper to finish for my 2:30 class

Kyra: Alright, calm down *stands up* Sis, when does your internship start?

Andrea eyed her suspiciously,

Andrea: In about a couple days, why?

Kyra: Because I’m going to be your sponsor

Andrea: *stares at her* OK what do I have to do?

Kyra: Well, I figured this, I know you’re a talented ass writer, and I need a story done on someone real close to my heart, a very dear friend to me

Andrea: who girl?

Kyra: Laurent bourgeois

Andrea: Who?

Kyra: He’s only the hottest fashion designer from Paris who loves music, art, drama and dance. His talents are beyond out of this world but he's so closed in you rarely ever here about him all like that. It's very important that I have on my page seeing as how right now he's a very big deal...get where I'm going?

Andrea: Not exactly

Kyra: I need him apart of my blog life, plus, this is kind of a sweet rhetorical way for me to apologize to him for writing all those things about him in 2008

Andrea: -_- you’re seriously going to make me do this?

Kyra: You get to go to L.A.

Andrea: Has “I’m still in school” blown out your mind?

Kyra: You get 3 free weeks off for the internship job, I’m not stupid! C’mon on Angel, please!

   She looked as her sister begged, she actually pulled those puppy dog eyes on her and as normally, Andrea fell victim to the baby stare; she hated when she did that.

Andrea: Fine, quit your blubbering.

   Kyra jumped up full swing and hugged her sister around her neck, tightly.

Andrea: Let go of me or I won’t be able to make it to L.A

Kyra: Right, sorry

Andrea: When do I leave?

Kyra: In 3 days

Andrea: You’ve been timing this haven’t you?

Kyra: Yup, now when you get there, don’t be straight forward, he might tell you to leave

Andrea: Yeah then you better find somebody else

Kyra: Why?

Andrea: You know I can’t lie! I’m no good at it!

Kyra: Well work on it, Drea! I need this! You’re an intern from Hollywood Arts chosen by the school to go and work for him, I already got Sam to confirm if he asks for a number or letter or something

   Andrea looked at her sister as if she went completely insane.

Kyra: What?

Andrea: Nothing Kyra, is that all?

Kyra: Yes, you are dismissed

   Andrea grabbed her bag and left out the door. She was more than heated; all the way to L.A. for damn near nothing. Sadly, she tried to find a much brighter side. “L.A. here I come."