Time To Move On

June 25th, 2017
Jacob

It's been 9 days since me and Faith's split. I miss her so much and she's the only thing on my mind. It's killing me and she know it is. I can't wait until the 17th of December just to see her beautiful face.

School let out on the 21st so I don't have to worry about taking care of anything or anybody but myself. Yes, I've been thinking about Ashley a lot but not as much as I use to. If anything, I think about Faith. I just want to hold her right now.

I hopped in the shower and washed up. I've decided to go to the bar and just contemplate on life. No one's here with or for me and I think a few shots will clean my mind.

I get dressed in all black because that was all I've started wearing after Ashley left. I grab my car keys and head to the bar.

I pull into the driveway of the bar, seeing many cars. I struggled with finding a spot near the door and luckily, I did.

I walk inside after I parked and head straight to the counter. I've never been here so I'm not known at all.

"What can I get for you, sir?" A lady asked as she leaned against the counter. I stared at here, noticing she looks a lot like Faith.

I tilted my head to side a little before I spoke. "Vodka please."

"Would you like any drinks to go with that like Sprite or anything?" She said, lifting an eyebrow.

I usually drink Sprite with my drinks but its something that gave me the feeling of passing it up.

"No please. Just Vodka." Said with a slight smile. This is going to be a long ass night.

The lady came back with a shot glass. I gulped the drink down and sat it on the counter. I drank down 7 more shots but didn't feel anything.

Soon, I heard sniffling. Someones crying but who?

I turned my head to the left and seen a young girl who was about 19. She had long, beautiful black hair. She was thick with caramel skin and immediately, I thought if Ashley. Ashley was built the same way with long hair. Yet, Ashley had sandy red hair.

I decided to go over and talk to her, make her feel relaxed. I sat beside her, starting small talk.

"Hey. I heard you crying and I wanted to know what was wrong. I mean, I know its none of my business but a beautiful girl like you shouldn't be crying." I said, trying to comfort her.

"Well," she said while looking up. She WAS beautiful. She was stunning.

"Oh, I'm Jacob by the way." I held out my hand for her to shake.

"I'm Courtney." She said as her voice cracked. It hurt me to see her here, crying in a bar.

"Well, Jacob, I'm here because my boyfriend, Roy, hit me. I know I don't know anything about you but I feel like I should tell you the rest but uh, not here." She started to look around, worried, yet, afraid.

Soon after, she continued. "Well, I don't quite know you."

"Trusted me, you can trust me. I won't harm you. I'm not like that." I told her as I wiped a falling tear off her cheek.

She nodded her head letting me know that she trust me. "Come on."

We walked to my car. I opened the door for her, soon getting in after helping her.

"So Jacob," she began. "Roy and I has been getting into it lately. He's been coming home around 4 in the morning and every time I ask him about it, he blacks out and starts yelling back. Tonight, he came home early. But, he smelled like another female." A tear fell down her face. I looked at her while she looked ahead and continued.

"He got so heated, he started yelling and throwing things. He threw the things so close to me, I flinched harder than usual. After he threw everything in sight, he dodged toward me, fist balled and hit me. I don't know what I did. I yelled "STOP ROY STOP" but he continued. I didn't know what to do. About 30 minutes passed and he went to sleep. I laid on the floor, crying. I decided to get up and I walked to the bar. Now, I'm here." She finished. I came upon a red light and stopped. I stared her in her watery eyes, searching for answers.

Why would someone hurt a beautiful lady? Why do she have to suffer like this? Who would ever?

"Do you want to go back or? I mean, you can come with me and you can sleep in my bed while I sle-" she cut me off.

"I'm fine. I'm pretty sure you're girlfriend or wife wouldn't like that." She said. I completely forgot about Faith.

"We're currently on break." I reply as I drive off. I sighed and focused on the rode as hard as I could.

She replied with a simple oh and looked out the window. "You can come with me. Im pretty sure my wife has a few shorts and shirts you can borrow."

I drove to my house and along the way, I told her my story and just exchanged memories. It actually felt good to just talk with someone who actually cares.

I guess it's

Time To Move On.