Chapter 1

Finally, I was 18. What to do first? How about laying around and doing nothing that seems good. Thank god that turning 18 meant school was basically over for me.

Now all I need is a job, money, and most of all a soulmate. I mean, my brother had two of those things and even he of all people wanted the last one. Then again, everyone did. It's just Lovino is so stubborn about things like that.

Anyway, my stomach is growling for food, so I guess my plan of staying in bed will have to stop momentarily just like my aging. Anyway, I went downstairs to the kitchen to see what we had. The least I could do was make food. If only Lovi would get up and actually do things! He's simply not like that. And I simply want to slap him. Wait a moment. Something is different.

Why can't I hear Lovi's snoring? My god! Could it be that he had finally woken up before I have! I walked into the kitchen to find my suspicions to be true. Oh what a happy day! 

Wait...why would he be awake?

"Lovi?" I asked walking in.

"Hey." He didn't look away from what he was doing. He sounded the same, looked the same, but there was a small smile on his face. I nearly screamed when I noticed it. Knowing Lovi I should be calm.

"You seem awfully happy." I said.

"I don't know what you mean."

"Really? Because you're smiling."

"I-I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"What happened?" A smirk was playing on my lips.

"Nothing."

"Alright then. What's for breakfast?" I sat down at the table.

"Eggs." He placed a plate of eggs in front of me on the table. He sat down on the other side in front of me. "So what are you planning to do first now that you're 18?"

"The same thing you did."

"Get a job?"

"No, lay around all day." I answered. He let out a disappointed sigh. I just chuckled.

"Whatever." 

"You seem awfully chipper today." Well...not really but more that usual.

"I said I didn't want to talk about it." He responded rather quickly.

"Okay, okay calm down."

"I have to go. Have fun on doing nothing all day." I waved by as he got up and left. That was a bit strange. It's best I don't overthink it. Not yet anyway...